Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 08:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

No graphic PHP library installed

Francesco

Anonymous
I have been trying to get this info on the forum by doing several searches but I was not successful. I apologize if this question has already been answered. My web host is weird. They host my website on a win2000 server and they have PHP + MySQL but they don\'t want to install any php graphic library and don\'t allow me to do so. BUT they are cheap (~30$/year) and they give UNLIMITED space, so changing host is NOT a solution. My question is: if I provide for each picture a large version and a thumbnail version is it possible to use any existing gallery plugin and make it working? I really hope there is a way. Thanks! FG

destr0yr

Forum User
changing hosts is always a solution Wink i use these guys: www.onehost.ws $3.90/mo - unlimited storage Mr. Green
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Francesco

Anonymous
That sounds very cheap. I see that youhave 4images on your website (by the way gorgeous girls you have there!!!) therefore I assume that your host has the library already installed, is that so?

destr0yr

Forum User
Quote by Francesco: That sounds very cheap. I see that youhave 4images on your website (by the way gorgeous girls you have there!!!) therefore I assume that your host has the library already installed, is that so?
Yes, i do have 4images and it is using ImageMagick which is installed on the server. I also have Gallery setup here, again using ImageMagick. Generally it gets installed to /usr/X11R6/bin/, and for GL, just specify
Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['path_to_mogrify'] =  '/usr/X11R6/bin/mogrify';

-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

r_f_o_t

Forum User
Quote by Francesco:My question is: if I provide for each picture a large version and a thumbnail version is it possible to use any existing gallery plugin and make it working? I really hope there is a way. Thanks!

Give MIG a try.
You can see it in action on our site.

HTH

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content