Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 11:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog on redundant servers?

MacQuarrie

Forum User
Junior
confused
I love Geeklog enough that I want to use it on all my projects. There\'s one that might be problematic, unless somebody here can tell me how to do it... (Note: I\'m not a programmer at all, but I can follow instructions, which is one of the reasons I like Geeklog; it\'s pretty straightforward to deal with.) A friend wants me to redesign his site. He has it hosted on two servers, which share the load (he\'s worried about his site going offline if a server goes down). Anyway, I\'m stuck with this setup, and not getting a lot of help from the hosting company; they pointed me to a control panel and told me to \"set up a cron job.\" Yeah, sure, right after I build a particle accelerator. This wasn\'t a big deal when the site was static html pages, but incorporating Geeklog sounds like an impossible task. The guy wants to add a lot of dynamic content, news, calendar, articles, downloads, etc., and Geeklog would be perfect. If I can figure out how to do it. So, how do I (indeed, CAN I?) set up Geeklog to write to two separate servers with their own MySQL databases? Both databases have the same name. Is there a way to simultaneously write to both, or to have the two databases check each other and synchronise themselves? Is there a way to have the static pages, templates and other files also synchronize themselves across the two servers? If any of you can help me with this, I will arrange for strolling minstrels and troubadours to sing ballads of your greatness.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content