Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 06:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Remove story intro text

jason559

Forum User
Regular Poster
I posted this question at one time, but since I\'ve done an upgrade I need help with this again. I\'d like to have the story body and intro text not listed on the index page (or any story category page). I want only the story title to be a link to the full-page story page. Any help is greatly apprecaited... Jason

wlparks

Forum User
Junior
Simply remove {story_introtext} from storytext.thml in your theme directory.

jason559

Forum User
Regular Poster
That\'s getting me in the right direction... Now how do I make the story title a link to the full page and remove the other stuff around it like the print story, etc...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You may want to check out the list of theme variables that are available in the story templates. bye, Dirk

jason559

Forum User
Regular Poster
Dirk, Does this effect how they are shown on the index.php page only?

jason559

Forum User
Regular Poster
When I removed story_introtext from the file, the article page now no longer has the body text either. How can I remove the body text only from the front page of the site (index.php) page?

arthur@riseup.net

Anonymous
I banged my head against this as well. I ended up doing this:

in article.php i added this code:

$story_template->set_var('article_story_bodytext', stripslashes ($A['bodytext']));
$story_template->set_var( 'article_story_title', stripslashes( $A['title'] ));
$story_template->set_var( 'article_story_introtext', stripslashes( $A['introtext'] ));

this gives me the following vars in my article.thtml

{article_story_title}
{article_story_introtext}
{article_story_bodytext}

i would be willing to modify article.php to pass on a full set of template vars so you don't get stuck with {formatted_article} which passes the display- this means that you can have one display for topics and index, but a different display for articles. Personally, i want this.

Guy

Anonymous
Line 445 creates the varia story_introtext. It merges the Intro with the body text.

$article->set_var( 'story_introtext', stripslashes( $A['introtext'] ). '

' . stripslashes( $A['bodytext'] ));
Changing for this remove the intro. But in the article, but i'm not sure if this creates problems elsewhere...

$article->set_var( 'story_introtext', stripslashes( $A['bodytext'] ));

Guy

Anonymous
Quote by Guy: Line 445 creates the varia story_introtext. It merges the Intro with the body text.

I forgot to mention that this is found in the lib_common.php file under "function COM_article"

thedailycynic

Forum User
Junior
So what was the final verdict with the hack?

I tried to follow all of this I want to do the same thing. Just have the titles of the stories on the front page (index.php) and have the headline / title a link to the actual article.

If anyone could help that would be great.
Music News Washington DC
Graphic Design Virginia

Record Label Washington DC

Active Sports Wear

jason559

Forum User
Regular Poster
I don't know what the final resolution is to only display the title on the homepage and have it link to the main story. I had it working and then I just upgraded to the latest geeklog version and now I can't remember how I got it to work...

Can anyone help me?

Porkchop

Forum User
Just a bump... I would love to know how to do this... the Intro text is just... annoying.. I dont want it to be required to submit a story and I dont want it listed on the front page
.:.Porkchop.:.
www.squalidlittlehobo.com

Robin

Forum User
Quote by Porkchop:the Intro text is just... annoying.. I dont want it to be required to submit a story and I dont want it listed on the front page

I see two things here.
First of all, good news, there is no introtext requirement upon story submission. Check e.g. here.
Now listing introtext on the front page is a completely different story. A solution for this was posted here
Geeklog Polish Support Team

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content