Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 17 2024 @ 01:59 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog for Virtual Hosts

Anonymous

Anonymous
I've been a user of geeklog since 1.3.6 and have a couple of sites that use it. I'm wondering if there were plans to do anything with it to make it more "virtual host" friendly? I've kinda done some of that work already (which I'm happy to share), by patching some of geeklog so that the geeklog code goes into a static directory (/var/www/geeklog), and the configuration for each virtual host, going into its own file and directory (/etc/geeklog.d/virtualhost.conf and /var/www/virtualhost/). One thing I havent really got going yet is the themes and templates, so for now, I've just copied the themes into each virtual hosts directory. So, as a future, could geeklog be virtual host aware? I'm thinking that: * One copy of the main code stays in a directory, * Configuration for each virtual host goes into a configuration directory, eg: /etc/geeklog.d * Once copy of the themes in the main directory (so when a theme is installed, all virtual hosts can benefit), but the "customisations" like icons, gifs, should exist in the "configuration" directory (eg: /etc/geeklog.d ) * When geeklog runs, it should look in a "virtual host" directory for configuration, icons, custom gifs, etc, and if it cant find them, it looks in the "main directory" for them (so they would be defaults if customs werent in existence). Then those of us that give geeklog to everybody can have virtual hosts, and others who dont have virtual hosts wont find the configuration to confusing... What do you think? ...deon

DTrumbower

Forum User
Geeklog 2 is planned for multisite installation. For now read the FAQ, this should help.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:59 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content