Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 09:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Stats Plugin = major slow down

destr0yr

Forum User
Hello everybody... over @ www.okanagangirlz.com, i had the stats plugin enabled, and all of a sudden one day (today) the site slowed from creating pages in ~ 3 seconds to 10-15 seconds or more!!! Anyways, after disabling the plugin, the pages load up after 0.6s. Is there any way i can display the phpblock_statsstats block (because it shows who\'s online, who\'s logged in, and referers) and not have the logging/slow downs that the plugin has caused..?
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That\'s a known side effect of that plugin. I don\'t know if there\'s a solution (since I don\'t use it), but you may want to try a search here or over on gplugs.sf.net (oops, that site doesn\'t seem to work at the moment ...). bye, Dirk

destr0yr

Forum User
i knew it was a side effect, but the 3-4 second load time didnt bother me... all of a sudden the load time has skyrocketted to 15-20s if not higher (no exageration). Is there anything comparable to show who\'s online, referers, and who\'s logged in for the day?? Or if Squatty(Danny) reads this, your site seems to be working tickedy-boo.. obviously the stats plugin isnt effecting your site (speed)?? how? what magic spell have you cast that makes it run so smooth?
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content