Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 08:32 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Daily digest not working anymore after last update

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
After I updated to 1.3.8-1 the manual daily digest is not working anymore.. the script runs and ends too, but no email is being sent out to users..

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
So does it update the \"last sent\" date? If not, you may have a user with an illegal email address somewhere. Also, if you\'re on 1.3.8 or older (mot 1.3.8-1), it may try to send an email to the anonymous user under some circumstances. You may need to add some debug output in function COM_emailUserTopics() to find the problem ... bye, Dirk

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
Yes, it updates the last send date.. But doesn\'t the Daily Digest send mail, address by address? But also me as first user doesn\'t get email... And how do I add this in function COM_emailUserTopics() ?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by geeklog-fan: Yes, it updates the last send date..
Then it finished successfully, i.e. there were no errors when sending the digest. Could it be an email problem? Can you send other emails from Geeklog (registration emails, send story to a friend, ...)?
Quote by geeklog-fan:But doesn\'t the Daily Digest send mail, address by address?
Exactly.
Quote by geeklog-fan:But also me as first user doesn\'t get email...
You\'re not the first user, Anonymous is Mr. Green
Quote by geeklog-fan:And how do I add this in function COM_emailUserTopics() ?
I was thinking about adding a couple of echo statements to see how far it gets and to list the email addresses it attempts to send to. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:32 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content