Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:49 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Chatterblock Registered User problem

jt

Forum User
I\'m having problems getting the Chatterblock to actually appear to registered members. The block works fine if I\'m logged in as admin, but no other users ( \"Registered\" and \"All Users\" groups), can actually see the chatterblock when they are logged in. I only want registered members using this service.

jt

Forum User
Mr. Green Never mind, figured it out after debugging the heck out of lib-security. You need to create a new user group with specific access to the plugins right? For instance, I created a new group that was \"All Users\" and \"Logged in Users\", that had specific rights to \"chatterblock.edit\" and chatterblock.user\". Is there any documentation specific to users and groups? Was I correct in setting up Chatterblock? How do you know what the difference between a plug-in\'s \".edit\" and \".user\" permissions are? Is \".edit\" the ability for a user to have cusomizable priveleges?

Blaine

Forum User
The plugin.edit right is normally associated with an Admin feature. Any one with this access can set the site defaults for example. It is not possible to edit the GL Core Groups such as \"Logged-in Users\" and it\'s not nice for plugins to automatically do this either. As all sites are different and some may not want this behaviour. I created the \"Group Access Admin Block\" which is very flexible and allows you to add individual rights to any group. It\'s available in the downloads.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content