Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 02:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation not in public_html

hankster

Forum User
I want to install GL in a directory that is not the web root directory (public_html). So instead of it being at /usr/www/users/mysite/ it is located at /usr/www/users/mysite/geeklog/ Looking at the FAQ I see I can change the paths to the backups, language, logs and system directories and also the config.php file but I am wondering what to do with with the plugins directory and the emailgeeklogstories file? Also, is this all that needs to be done to make this setup work properly? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It\'s actually very easy. Move everything that\'s inside Geeklog\'s public_html directory into the subdirectory of your site. Then put all the other files somewhere else, outside of your document root. After that, adjust $_CONF[\'path\'] and $_CONF[\'path_html\'] to point to these two directories. So, in your example: $_CONF[\'path_html\'] = \'/usr/www/users/mysite/geeklog/\'; And $_CONF[\'path\'] should point to the directory where config.php and the other directories reside. That\'s all. bye, Dirk

hankster

Forum User
Thanks! I\'ll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

hankster

Forum User
[edited] Nevermind, I believe I have figured it out.

hankster

Forum User
OK, looks like everything is working except the image upload When I try and upload a picture I get the following error: Warning: Unable to open \'/usr/www/users/mysite/talk/images/articles/tmp.jpg\' for reading: No such file or directory in /usr/home/mysite/glhobbytalk/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 522 Couldn\'t copy /usr/www/users/mysite/talk/images/articles/tmp.jpg to /usr/www/users/mysite/talk/images/articles/2003090102184235_1.jpg. You\'ll need remove both files When I look in the images/articles dirtory I see: -rw------- 1 nobody bin 20102 Sep 1 02:19 2003090102184235_1.jpg -rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 20102 Sep 1 02:19 2003090102184235_1_original.jpg As we can see, the resized (or temp) file is labeled bin instead of users. Is there any way to get around this or am I going to have to move the system directory above my web root? If I do are the any security problems doing this?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Try a chown nobody:bin images/articles, if you can, or try chmod 777 images/articles. I don\'t know why you think moving the system directory inside the webroot would solve your problem - it wouldn\'t and you shouldn\'t do it. bye, Dirk

hankster

Forum User
images/articles is already chmod 777 (which I don\'t like to do). As an experiment, I moved the system directory inside the web root. Files then placed into the images/articles directory were lableled users and not bin and worked properly. I moved the system directory back outside the root web and they became bin and would not work.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content