Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:11 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help needed for SQL error message

bria

Forum User
Hi everybody, I\'ve just installed geeklog and phpmyadmin. As you can notice I\'m begginer... After creating the sql database all seemed to work fine, but when I entered into Admin account, and tryed to change the password, an error from sql occurs: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near \'Where gl_user.uid = 2 AND .uid = 2\' at line 1 I\'ve deleted the database and created it again, but I still have the same error.... Could you please help me!!! Thanks in advance

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Can you post the complete error message from Geeklog\'s error.log file, please? bye, Dirk

DTrumbower

Forum User
I\'ve just installed geeklog and phpmyadmin. As you can notice I\'m begginer...
Can\'t see you so can\'t tell you are a beginner. Smile How are you creating the database and the associated tables? All you need to do is create the database, but don\'t populate it with tables. The install script will do this.

bria

Anonymous
Hi! Thanks for the reply...and sorry for my english... Well, I create the database named geeklog, as you say, the installation script creates the tables, etc... the log file contains next: Sat Aug 30 04:03:08 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near \'WHERE gl_users.uid = 2 AND .uid = 2\' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT * FROM gl_users, WHERE gl_users.uid = 2 AND .uid = 2 Ta

DTrumbower

Forum User
Do you register_globals on or off? Should be on.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It seems you have the custom registration form enabled in config.php, i.e. $_CONF[\'custom_registration\'] = true; Change that back to false please. Once your site is up and running, you can try to enable it again, but you need to do some more steps to get this feature working - see the comments in lib-custom.php for details. bye, Dirk

bria

Anonymous
Great!! Thanks to everyone who helped me!! I had the $_CONF [\'custom_registration\' ] = true I don\'t know why... So, now it works perfectly, thanks again!! Regards..Arnau

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:11 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content