Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:27 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

MyCal Plugin and GL 1.3.8

Alain

Anonymous
After upgrading to GL 1.3.8-1, I noticed that the MyCal Plugin doesn\'t work anymore, probably because of the new \"search.php\". Is there any way to make it work with GL 1.3.8 or is there any upgrade coming up. Thank you

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I don\'t know which version of MyCal you\'re using, but I just installed it on a site running Geeklog 1.3.8-1 yesterday and it worked as expected. I\'d suggest you re-download it from Blaine\'s site and try again. bye, Dirk

Alain

Anonymous
Ok, I downloaded the latest version and it now works fine. Thanks Alain

Blaine

Forum User
determined
I\'ve just addressed another problem with the mycal block. It has a way of identifying issues with the Geeklog search or custom plugin searches. This one was the links that are being returned for stories, comments and polls are a relative link and will be incorrect if the search class is called from the mycal block. I\'ve fixed this in CVS - code changes are to the search.class.php file.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

tmarquez

Forum User
Regular Poster
I'm not sure what I may be missing, but I am having the same problem after upgrading to the latst 1.3.8 and downloading the newest mycal block. I keep gettting the my stories returned with mycal in the link.

http://www.mydomain.net/mycal/article.php?story=20040109130320461&query=

Any other suggestions? Followed the instructions (twice! Smile ) but something I am not seeing for sure.
T.Marquez Jr. -
Webmaster -
www.indianapolisfilm.net - Geeklog 1.4.0sr5-1

tmarquez

Forum User
Regular Poster
confused
I'm still stumped on this. I downloaded the latest version followed the instructions, but I'm stuck. Open to any feedback.

I saw on Blaine's site (duh, why did I miss it?) someone used a symbolic link in the mycal directory to get by the problem. For those of you who may not know how to do that, maybe this will help if you find this thread

NOTE: This worked in my sitiation, our web server.

Go to the mycal directory and at the prompt type

ln -s ../article.php article.php

T.Marquez Jr. -
Webmaster -
www.indianapolisfilm.net - Geeklog 1.4.0sr5-1

Blaine

Forum User
I believe I applied this fix to CVS sometime ago. The problem is in the search.class.php which is part of the GL core.

/system/classes/search.class.php

So until 1.3.9 is released, try and replace the search class script with this version here
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content