Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, June 15 2024 @ 09:02 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

e-mail integration

jernst

Forum User
I'm looking for a way of automatically notifying users of new posts on a geeklog site. For example, I typed this very post into an HTML form on geeklog.net, and when you read this, it will have appeared on that site already. I'm looking for functionality that would also, automatically, post my post to an e-mail list of my choice (assuming I was the geeklog.net admin which I'm not). Registered users at the geeklog site should have a checkbox to obtain e-mail notifications of new posts if they choose to do so. Ideally, responses on the mailing list would transparently also be posted back as comments to the geeklog site. I can't believe I am the first guy asking for this, but I have not been able to find anything on that subject anywhere. The lists plugin does not appear to meet my needs (as far as I understand it) as it implements a separate plug-in: what I want is the regular geeklog contribution process and mailing lists to be merged, not yet another plugin.

mark

Anonymous
same suggestion goes for the forum there is currently no way to subscribe to a thread

DTrumbower

Forum User
Quote by mark: same suggestion goes for the forum there is currently no way to subscribe to a thread
Yes there is. Either check the Notify me of Replies check box or click on the \"Suscribe to this forum\" link in the Forum area.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by DTrumbower:Yes there is. Either check the Notify me of Replies check box or click on the \"Suscribe to this forum\" link in the Forum area.
There\'s also that little unmarked checkbox on top of every thread (next to the printer icon). If you check that, you will receive notifications for every new post in that thread. Yes, I already suggested that that checkbox gets a title attribute or some other way to make it clear what it does Wink bye, Dirk

DTrumbower

Forum User
Quote by Dirk: There\'s also that little unmarked checkbox on top of every thread (next to the printer icon). If you check that, you will receive notifications for every new post in that thread. bye, Dirk
Never even noticed that check box. It could use some description. Smile

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:02 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content