Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 05:16 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Before I start, I need.

FreakWorld

Anonymous
confused
I have had a websight for years. But I want to start leting others help me with it without leting them into my FTP. And this looks like the best way to do it. But I don\'t know anything about PHP and mySQL. I have a ftp with Powweb. I know what my database name is. And I set me up a username and pass to use it. But thats as far as I got. I don\'t want to take down my sight and get to a point were it will take me days to get it back up. I don\'t know were the database is or how to use it. I don\'t know what the username and pass is for. So if there is someone out there that knows what and how Powweb is set up. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! Mr. Green

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by FreakWorld:I have a ftp with Powweb. I know what my database name is. And I set me up a username and pass to use it. But thats as far as I got.
Well, sounds like you have everything you need. Download Geeklog (if you haven\'t already), read the installation instructions, see if you can figure out what to change in config.php - no need to upload anything until that point. If you\'re stuck, ask here ... bye, Dirk

samstone

Forum User
angelic
I guess you have a traditional web site with the main page under the name of index.html (index.htm). In this case installing geeklog will not likely to effect your current site because its main page is index.php and will not show up as long as you have your index.html up there.

After installation you have to view your geeklog site by typing on the address bar, http://www.yourdomain/index.php. After your Geeklog site is compeleted, you can just delete your old index.html (or rename it to something else). Then the geeklog\'s index.php will become the main page.

So you don\'t have to remove your current pages while you are building Geeklog. Thats how I did when I change my static sites to Geeklog.

Sam

FreakWorld

Anonymous
Thanks Samstone. That was what I was worried about. I just seen Index and did not think about the ending tag.

samstone

Forum User
angelic
You are welcome! I think your avatar is a little scary. I can\'t see what Dirk\'s avatar is. Sam

DTrumbower

Forum User
Quote by samstone: You are welcome! I can\'t see what Dirk\'s avatar is. Sam
Just click on his account name and see it bigger in his profile screen. Mac dudes have wierd pictures. Mr. Green

FreakWorld

Anonymous
Me have no Mac. lol Ok but now this is what I get. CGIWrap Error: Execution of this script not permitted -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Execution of (admin/install/info.php) is not permitted for the following reason: Script is group writable. Server Data: Server Administrator/Contact: support@powweb.com Server Name: www.freakygamers.net Server Port: 80 Server Protocol: HTTP/1.1 Request Data: User Agent/Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) Request Method: GET Remote Address: 63.168.128.204 Remote Port: 3283

FreakWorld

Anonymous
and thats at 775 and 777 any Ideas?

FreakWorld

Anonymous
If I change it to 755 I get a new error. But one that looks like it comes from geeklog. Will 755 work with it?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by FreakWorld:Execution of (admin/install/info.php) is not permitted for the following reason: Script is group writable.
Haven\'t seen that one before, but it actually tells you what the problem is. Try setting the permissions to 644. PHP files don\'t need to be executable and it seems your server is set up such they should not be group writable. If 644 works for the install script, you will probably have to set all .php files to 644 to get things working. bye, Dirk

samstone

Forum User
Where did you put the geeklog directory? Make sure you didn\'t put in in the cgi-bin.

Sam

FreakWorld

Anonymous
No the CGI was made by me and not my host. That has my host email on it. will will just have to spend yet 1 more day chging all them files 1 by 1. rrrrrrrrrrr lol

FreakWorld

Anonymous
will 755 work? I still get an errer. But It\'s a path errer

samstone

Forum User
Hummm, I remember years ago, my web host set the security so high that I couldn't execute any script that retreived server information.

Check out with your webhost, and make sure they allow php script, etc.

Otherwise dumb them and use my webhost that's perfectly compatible with geeklog. Just kidding, that's your decision.

Also try 775.

Sam

Mark

Anonymous
Why don\'t you reupload the files from the tarball since they are already set to the proper permission. Then you can change just the few listed in the instructions to 775/777. I hate to tell you this, but Powweb is not a great host to run mysql powered sites on. They overload their servers big time. Yours has 1,408 domains assigned to it. Powweb also puts a cap on how many queries can be made to a database per hour. When you hit the number, they deactivate your site until the hour is up. Some have rotated their users to get around this but many others have left because it\'s tough running anything there other than a very small personal site.

FreakWorld

Anonymous
the 775 and 777 will not work with them. Also they have never gave me a problum. But I have yet to use there D.B.

FreakWorld

Anonymous
I am to this point. When I put in the URL to the Check.php I get this. 1146: Table \'freakydata.gl_blocks\' doesn\'t exist I can find were the errer is.

FreakWorld

Anonymous
I may have found the problum. But to sleepy to fix it. I will update you tommarow.

FreakWorld

Anonymous
LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!! Testing your Geeklog installation ... Testing logs directory /www/f/freak/logs/ ... logs directory and the error.log and access.log files are okay. Testing backend directory /www/f/freak/htdocs/backend/ ... backend directory and the geeklog.rdf file are okay. Testing userphotos directory /www/f/freak/htdocs/images/userphotos/ ... userphotos directory is okay. Testing articles directory /www/f/freak/htdocs/images/articles/ ... articles directory is okay. Results: 4 of 4 tests performed: 4 successful, 0 failed. Test passed Congratulations! Your Geeklog site is set up properly and ready to go.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:16 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content