Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 10:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Chameleon hack under 1.3.8?

wondering

Anonymous
The Chameleon hack sounds really cool and I would love to try it. Does it still work under the latest Geeklog 1.3.8-1 install?

wondering

Anonymous
oops. sorry. Here\'s what I meant to post: The Chameleon hack sounds really cool and I would love to try it. Does it still work under the latest Geeklog 1.3.8-1 install?

soydog

Forum User
Chatty
This is exactly what I need and I\'d like to know the same thing. Will it be difficult to upgrade to future versions of geeklog after installing this hack?
Anarchist Football Network - http://www.passionbomb.com/soccer
"If I can't play soccer, I want no part of your revolution."

rawdata

Forum User
Anytime someone hacks up code, he/she needs to apply the changes again if the file was updated. Obviously, the more you have the longer it may take to upgrade. For this particular one, it\'s kinda easy to drop in since it only requires commenting out one small section and adding an include file with the necessary code. This was done for someone else who had a similar need. Sorry, I haven\'t tested it out on 1.3.8-1. I looked in lib-common.php just now, and there was a code addition to the section requiring commenting out. I\'ll do some testing tomorrow and see if that helps any in allowing theme changes across topics. The way it\'s written though, I don\'t think a person can use partial themes to get their desired effect. Unless the logic elsewhere was also changed putting files into the layout directory make them user selectable. If they select a partial one, boom the site will break.

soydog

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by rawdata:I\'ll do some testing tomorrow and see if that helps any in allowing theme changes across topics. The way it\'s written though, I don\'t think a person can use partial themes to get their desired effect. Unless the logic elsewhere was also changed putting files into the layout directory make them user selectable. If they select a partial one, boom the site will break.
Ok. Thanks for testing it. And by \"partial\" do you mean themes that haven\'t been updated (like from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8)?
Anarchist Football Network - http://www.passionbomb.com/soccer
"If I can't play soccer, I want no part of your revolution."

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content