Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 08:53 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cant Find...

Smokey

Anonymous
confused
for some reason I dont have the lib-common.php file and it says that its crucial that I edit it.. but its not with the rest of the lib files and I\'ve looked through all of the other folders.. Anyone got any ideas? Question

chief123

Forum User
Chatty
It\'s not with the other lib files. It is or should be in the public_html folder. Mark

Smokey

Anonymous
its not...

Smokey

Anonymous
talk to me on msn, aim, icq if u have it msn=smokey@hdkclan.com, aim - patrickrox009, icq = 221859681

samstone

Forum User
angelic
You need to re-download the package and unpack it again.

Smokey

Anonymous
hehe am i sposed to only upload the public_html file?

Smokey

Forum User
confused
Ok I got everything moved and all and the config and lib-common files editted, but when i goto admin/install/install.php an error comes up, 403 Forbidden. IS this supposed to happen?

DTrumbower

Forum User
err, no.

Smokey

Forum User
would it be easier just to have someone install it for me?

DTrumbower

Forum User
Maybe, maybe not. You can email, me, Dirk, Blaine or Tony. We will gladly do a basic install for $50. Or you can find someone to do it for free. This is what is recommended. Create new mysql database. Create a new directory called geeklog, above your \"public web\" directory. Upload all the geeklog files to this new directory. Then upload all the files in public_html to your \"public web\" directory(usually public_html). Edit your config.php and lib-common.php files to correct path. Most shared hosting set up the directories like this. /home/account /home/account/geeklog - this is the new directory that you made. /home/account/public_html - this is your public web directory config.php setting changes $_CONF[\'path\'] = \'/home/account/geeklog/\'; // should end in a slash $_CONF[\'path_html\'] = \'/home/account/public_html/\'; $_CONF[\'site_url\'] = \'http://www.yoursite.com\'; //change yoursite to your actuall domain l Put your mysql database info in the correct spot. In lib-common.php require_once( \'/home/account/geeklog/config.php\' ); In /home/account/geeklog/logs change permission on both files located there. chmod 777 In /home/account/public_html/images change permission on articles and userphotos directories chmod 777 In /home/account/public_html/backend change permission on geeklog.rdf chmod 777 Run the install script from http://www.yoursite.com/admin/install/install.php Should work just fine. Make sure you don\'t edit the files with anything other than a text editor and Dreamweaver is not a text editor. Hope this helps.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Smokey:when i goto admin/install/install.php an error comes up, 403 Forbidden. IS this supposed to happen?
From config.php:
Text Formatted Code
// Some hosting services have a preconfigured admin directory. In that case,    
// you need to rename Geeklog's admin directory to something like "myadmin"    
// and change the following URL as well. Leave as is until you experience any  
// problems accessing Geeklog's admin menu.
$_CONF['site_admin_url']    = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin';
See if that helps ... bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:53 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content