Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Links edit link hack

Euan

Forum User
caffeinated
I\'m sure this is in the forums somewhere, but I didn\'t see/couldn\'t find this, so I\'ll post it here although it\'s too simple to be called a hack. It took all of 1 minute. If you have lots of links, the admin page is not very easy to use. To add a convenient \"edit\" link to your links in the normal categories, for admins only: In layout/theme_name/links/linkdetails.thtml, add { link_edit } before the < br > command. You should have this: < li > < a href=\"{link_url}\" > {link_name} < /a > ( {link_hits} ) {link_edit} < br > {link_description} < /li > In public_html/links.php, around line 138 ish and again at about 180, add the following 3 lines just before $linklist->parse(\'link_details\', \'link\', true); (that line is included for reference): if (SEC_hasRights(\'link.edit\')) { $linklist->set_var(\'link_edit\', \'< a href=\"\' . $_CONF[\'site_admin_url\'] . \'/link.php?mode=edit&lid=\' . $A[\'lid\'] . \'\">\' . $LANG01[4] . \'< /a >\'); } $linklist->parse(\'link_details\', \'link\', true); Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Nice one. I\'ll note that down for future addition to the core code. Thanks. bye, Dirk

Euan

Forum User
Always glad to be of help! Cheers
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Paul

Anonymous
Euan, This displays the full html code string rather than just the word \'edit\' at the end of each link line. Any ideas? I am using GL v1.3.8 Thx, Paul

ronack

Forum User
remove the extra space between < a hre....>and the ones between < /a and between /a >

cenithx

Forum User
Awesome hack.. thanks Smile certainly makes life easier.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content