Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:56 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

GL 1.3.8 Custom User Form

rlwconsulting

Forum User
First, let me say that the work on custom user information in 1.3.8 could not have come at a better time for me. I was about to code something into a plugin I\'m developing, but this adds much more functionality than I would have provided. Kudos and thanks to all the folks who worked on it. Now to the question. I\'ve been working on the custom_userform function and see that it is called (when custom registration is enabled in config.php) in users.php when a new user chooses to register and also under the \'profile\' case, activated when one clicks on a user\'s name in a story, etc. It also is called from usersettings.php when a user chooses to update their Account Information. The profile (\'moderate\') option has me bumfuzzled at the moment. I\'m not sure why it\'s called here, since trying to incorporate it into the \"public\" information mix makes coding the userform much more difficult. In my particular plugin, I need access to much more user data, including standard address/contact info--which the new functions provide very well--but that information is not necessarily for public perusal. Obviously, I can just hack users.php so that the profile case does not call custom_userform, but I was wondering if there was some other reason the call was included (the \'moderate\' case name has me intrigued. Have I missed a call to custom_userform somewhere else in GL? Once again, Dirk, Tony, Blaine, Tom, and whoever else I\'m forgetting, thanks for the ton of work. GL, great at first, just keeps getting betting and better.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:56 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content