Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 09 2024 @ 09:12 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problems finishing installation

TheMeb

Anonymous
determined
FTP upload? Long... but fine DB script? Ran fine... After running the install script, it didn\'t take me to another page, so I thought something was wrong. However, when I looked at the database, the 39 tables were there (Geeklog 1.3.8). When I try to look at the index.php, I get an error message: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \')\' at line 1 Don\'t understand what the problem is... also I use to have another error message that came along with that but I repaired it by switching the 775 permissions to 777. Thanks for any help in advance. Rolling Eyes

DTrumbower

Forum User
Is that the only error message you get? What does your error.log say?

TheMeb

Anonymous
As of now, when I visit the site, all I see is a blank page with that error message written at the top. (It used to be coupled with another error message fixed with 777 permissions). If it makes a difference, I am hosting the MySQL DB on a different server than the other Geeklog files. Error log as requested: (Don\'t know what any of this means though... didn\'t even know I had an error log.)
*** dummy entry *** Wed Jul 30 02:54:44 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \')\' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN () Wed Jul 30 02:54:51 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \')\' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN () Wed Jul 30 03:09:06 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \')\' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN () Wed Jul 30 03:16:00 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \')\' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN () Wed Jul 30 03:21:44 2003 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \')\' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN () FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()

DTrumbower

Forum User
Check and see if you have any data in the users table? There should be three records. It looks like you don\'t have the correct grant rights on the db user.

sapran

Anonymous
Quote by DTrumbower: Check and see if you have any data in the users table?
There should be three records.

It looks like you don't have the correct grant rights on the db user.

wtf, how the syntax error may be coused by insufficient db rights???

PS i get the same error after joining a user to Root group.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:12 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content