Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 07:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

1050: Table \'gl_access\' already exists!!! Old with no solution

ola_one

Forum User
I have just finished my installation of Geeklog, I finished the second step and got the error message: 1050: table \'gl_access\' already exists I looked in the forum, but when the question was asked, there was no resolution. Please help me or direct me to where I can get the information to correct this. Thank you in advance....

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
This likely means you already ran the installation script once and the geeklog tables were already installed. You can probably just continue on with your installation. If you go on to the next step and still have problems, drop all the tables from your database and start over.

-Vinny

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The most common installation problems are also explained in the documentation. Yours is here: http://www.geeklog.net/docs/install.html#already-exists. bye, Dirk

ola_one

Forum User
caffeinated
Thanks Vinny and Dirk, I am a total newbie that just started building my own site about 4 weeks ago. Back then I had finished my installation of Geeklog 1.3.7rc2 and when I proceeded to install Gallery on my machine, something crazy happened. So I tried to uninstall everything and started over. In my starting over, I ended up changing locations of my installation files... My Apache that was formerly installed under Program Files directory on the C-Drive now resides at the root of D-Drive and so does GEEKLOG. Because of the problem I had during my first install, I statrted everything over and just installed Geeklog 1.3.8rc2 on Apache 2.0.47, PHP 4.3.2, MySql 4.0.13. All running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I had in the course of installing mysql created 3 additional databases other than test and mysql. Then came my error message... 1050: Table \'gl_access\' already exists From the answer to error message link that Dirk directed me to, it says that I must have previously installed geeklog unsuccessfullly... Is it possible that my first install is still active since I am now launcing from a different directory, I did not think this would be the case... I am using a database that I just created on my new installation, should I then use another of the databases I just created and delete the first one or by just changing the config.inc.php will be enough. Please note that being a newbie, I only greated the databases and did not create any tables in them, but when I went to look through PHPMYADMIN after this error message from Geeklog, I found about 38 or so tables in the database and the first one was gl_access. Would using a different database solve my problem? While we are at it, Can I use any theme in my config.inc.php The default theme is XSilver... Can I change that to say Classic or any of the other themes that are accessible at the geeklog homepage? Thank you all in advance....

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ola_one:Would using a different database solve my problem?
Yes. Or, if you don\'t need the old one any more, either delete all the tables in there or drop the entire database and recreate an empty one. Every time you run the install script, it will attempt to create the tables. So if the tables already exist you will, of course, get an error message.
Quote by ola_one:Can I use any theme in my config.inc.php The default theme is XSilver... Can I change that to say Classic or any of the other themes that are accessible at the geeklog homepage?
Yes. The default theme (i.e. the theme that anonymous and new users will see) is specified in config.php and every user can also select their own theme in their preferences. See the documentation for further information. bye, Dirk P.S. I saw you also posted this to the geeklog-users mailing list. Please note that you need to subscribe to the list before you can post to it. I\'ve approved your post manually, but since we\'re discussing the issues here, I won\'t be replying ...

ola_one

Forum User
Thanks Dirk. I actually registered with the list and was just that despearte... I will go and delete that database and use another one for geeklog...Really appreciate your help.. Ola

Sandi

Forum User
Chatty
caffeinated
looks like this has some answers, but not all, to the 1050 error message. if the database is sharing with another program you would NEVER want to delete it as suggested in this thread. as for issues regarding the config.php script, i would suggest making them clearer. for instance, you have this line
----------------
// the backslash '' in paths. Make sure each path starts with a drive letter!
------------------------
then, you show c:// path... line

what the hell is that? and why would i start eath path with a drive letter? right there you lost a lot of us. if i am to set drive paths now for all paths, please, explain this better?

or how about this?
----------------------------
/ You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']) like this:
// $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = '/usr/home/www/macronet/global-villages.info/docs/geeklog/';
----------------------------
"You do not need to change this"?

why? looked to me as if i sure as hell did need to change this, and no one here disbuted it when i set up my config file for everyone to see.

or this
----------
// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
$_CONF['path_html'] = '/usr/home/www/macronet/global-villages.info/docs/geeklog/';
--------------------
the public dir, or the public dir with the geeklop subdir, that is if i put the geeklog files in a subdir. do you mean the public files WHERE the geeklog files are located?

or

----------------------
// | OTHER PATH SETTINGS |
// | |
// | All paths must have a trailing slash ('/'). |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

// you shouldn't need to edit theses
$_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'system/';
$_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'logs/';
$_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'language/';
$_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'backups/';
$_CONF['path_data'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'data/';

// If you set path_images to something other than the default, you will need to
// make sure that you add the following subdirectories to that directory:
// articles/, userphotos/
$_CONF['path_images'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'images/';

--------------------
what if i have a subdir called /geeklog/? should i then NOT add that before these dir paths? or is that redundant? will that be picked up by my other path entry? what is this crap about a adding a subdir? why sould anyone move the imaged dir?

So, as you can see, your instructions have a lot to be desired. FYI, i set up Dragonfly in 10 minutes. I am on day two or three here. maybe you should take some hints from the Dragonfly setup. it was so fast and clear, that i was up and running immediately.

or

------------------

/ You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
------------------------------------

what does i.e. mean? without what? why? shoudl i include the geeklog subdir, or not? seems to me that the word WITHOUT is very misleading, and tells us next to nothing. like i said, why does Dragonfly install in a few minutes for me, yet, your is going on day three with no answers yet.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content