Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:45 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING error on main page

Cartel

Forum User
awake
i\'ve just installed geeklog on my site http://cartel32.valuehost.co.uk/ i\'ve set up the paths in the config.php and lib-common.php seemingly correctly but i get this error when loading my site Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /pub/home/cartel32/htdocs/lib-common.php on line 4159 Fatal error: Call to undefined function: plg_showcenterblock() in /pub/home/cartel32/htdocs/index.php on line 67 I cant seem to get it to work no matter what i do Can anyone help? Regards Cartel

Cartel

Forum User
Ahh ok maybe i should have searched before posting, sorry, i found another thread recomending not to use dreamweaver to edit any files...i used dreamweaver mx to do it, so that could be my problem, i never used winzip tho, i used Winrar. i\'ll try re-doing it and post back with my results.

minh

Forum User
I was just wondering if you did figured this problem out, I\'m running into the same problem, I tried editing in notepad, and still getting the same error, and can\'t seem to fix this ... thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by minh:I tried editing in notepad, and still getting the same error, and can\'t seem to fix this ... thanks
As mentioned in the installation instructions, using WinZip to unpack the tarball can have the same effect. Try WinRar instead. bye, Dirk

DTrumbower

Forum User
Quote by Dirk: As mentioned in the installation instructions, using WinZip to unpack the tarball can have the same effect. Try WinRar instead. bye, Dirk
I\'m guessing that is a problem with old versions of Winzip. I have been using 8.1 and now the 9.0 beta with no problems.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content