Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 02:16 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

importing forum data

azroth

Forum User
stressed
Hi, I am looking to upgrade my site to GL , except i have one road bump i dont know if i can overcome. Right now for a forum I am running IkonBoard 3.1.1 and have a lot of user accounts and posts in it, its a really great information resource and i hate to lose it and have to have everyone start over again. so my question is, if i convert my forum info to PHPbb and use the PHPbb plugin, would it create a GL account for each user ? Or is there a way to do this with the Forum Plugin ? What im trying to do is 1.) save the existing posts and 2.) somehow have a GL account created for each existing user so they dont have to re-register on the new site. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated.

DTrumbower

Forum User
Tony and I have both created scripts to import data to the new forum. Tony did for phpbb and I did for VBulletin. I know I had to create new users when I did the conversion.

If you would like to see the scripts I could forward you them. The scripts aren\'t a 100% complete because I didn\'t need to copy over every bell and whistle.

azroth

Forum User
I know theres a tool out there to convert ikonboard to phpbb .. but the main thing im looking for, at this point, is importing the user account info. tho if you can send me the scripts that would be cool.

DTrumbower

Forum User
I email them tonight, I hope. I just did a quick search and I can\'t find them. Rolling Eyes Have another computer to check.

DTrumbower

Forum User
angry
I can\'t find the scripts and i\'m not happy. Cry

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:16 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content