Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:47 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery Random Photo Block under https / SSL fixed

Anonymous

Anonymous
I payed for some donation based support from Bharat of the Gallery Project. This is what he came up with and everything is working now. Bharat refers to line number 142 below, that is the number as he found in in MY lib.custom.php. This is really line number 20 in a pristine php_GalleryRandomPhoto.php file that is part of the package available from Blaine. It is also the second line of uncommented code in the php block code.Thanks to Blaine and Bharat for your help and I highly reccomend a donation based support mechanism. It is a geat way to support the development effort, get problems addressed and fixed and see them rolled back into the software for everyone.Blaine, I hope that this does not cause any negative results for anyone else, and that you can roll this in to perhaps a future release.Scott GFairfax, VAFrom Bharat:Ok, it's fixed. It turned out to be a pretty interesting problem.The "init.php" script was never intended to be included from insideanother function so it was trying to use the $HTTP_SERVER_VARS variableto determine whether or not you were in SSL mode, but that variablewas not declared to be in the global scope (since we never expectedto be inside a function at that point). This probably works for 99%of Geeklog users as-is because by default when that variable isn'tavailable in the global scope it assumes that you're not in SSL mode.In short, the script wasn't intended to be used the way that it's beingused so it wasn't operating exactly right in all cases.I made the smallest possible fix to resolve the problem. Basically,I editted lib-custom.php and on line 142 I changed: global $_CONF, $GALLERY_BASEDIR;to: global $_CONF, $GALLERY_BASEDIR, $HTTP_SERVER_VARS;And voila, now it works. Enjoy. -Bharat

Blaine

Forum User
Scott, Good note and I'll make the changes. Blaine
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:47 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content