Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 01:27 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Chat in GL

Anonymous

Anonymous
Well, I did it. Live real time JAVA chat with GL. I authored a block that allows you call up BabylonChat from your GL site without having to have your users login a second time. The chat is called from a phpblock that opens a popup window followed by the chat application. You cannot close the poopup without losing the applet,(this appears to be a java/browser limitation) but you can minimize it. Babylon chat itself is rather plain and forlorn looking compared to geeklog sites, but is fully functional with many rather nice features and excellant user control. The real downside is you'll have to run a JAVA based server on the same domain the .class files are downloaded from. A suprise though, this does not have to be the same site the block is on! So several GL's can share one chatserver as long as none of the users share a username. You can find out the details and d/l the zip file from gxblock.com, the people that helped make this possible, even if they didn't know it at the time. Good luck and I hope it does everyone some good.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content