Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 06:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

:\\ DiscoBiscuit.com

Jameson

Anonymous

Hi everyone!

After searching high and low for a good CMS, I finally chose GL because of it's great layout and ease of use. This is my first venture into PHP and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it's been to customize GL, integrate other systems, and manage everything. Ok, maybe "easy" is going a bit too far because I have been racking my brains out some nights, but the support from the people on this site and the mailing list have helped tremendously.

My site is called DiscoBiscuit.com and the purpose of the site is to give everyone a fun place to check out photos from parties and vacations, upcoming events, and to share embarassing stories .... about other people of course! =D Right now the pictures are of mostly my guy friends, but my goal is to change that to add more of the lovely ladies that we meet in our nightly escapades.

Keep up the good work everyone and hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the future!

: Jameson
http://www.discobiscuit.com

Jameson

Anonymous
I just included the ability to add user IM information to their profile. Check it out and let me know what you think. =D :\\ Jameson

Jameson

Anonymous
I just figured out how to integrate Gallery 1.2.5. Read the article that I just wrote here for more details. I think a lot of people missed the step on applying the patch that Adrian provided.

Good luck!

Jason

Forum User
I think this is on the todo list. Anyway, it's a good idea!
You are all a bunch of freaks!

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
The to-do list version wanted to allow the addition of new user attributes in real time without any DB modifications (i.e. data-drive all secondary user attributes). This way they can be customized per GL site. Which is why this has not been added to the main GL codebase yet ;-)
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

eLliDKraM

Forum User
Junior
It's blank.
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
all these posts were from 2002

sites are often abandoned

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content