Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 04:43 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Syndication

veni

Anonymous
hello, i've just geeked my site cyberdzioucha [polish]. I wonder if there is a way to publish some content [eg. last article or just links to 5 last articles] from my site on the sites of other people. it means that i give them eg. a line of code to put into simple html file and it's rendered so they will se those links or the latest article on their site. Does anybody know? Please help me.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Your site is already publishing an RSS feed at http://cyberdzioucha.starla.pl/backend/geeklog.rdf - why not use that? ;-) bye, Dirk

veni

Anonymous
ou, but how to use it on other non-geeklog-sites ?? buu, I don't know how... pls help.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You will need the ability to read RSS feeds (also called RDF feeds). Many portal / weblog solutions can do that. And if they don't, it should be easy to find a separate script that can ... bye, Dirk

veni

Anonymous
that was the reason I asked... many sites can't read RSS - then I wanted to know if there is another idea to do that. I found a script geeklog.net but 1. it doesn't work, 2. maybe I can't use it :-( .

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
RSS / RDF is a standard format for content syndication. Therefore, it should be easy to find scripts that can read RSS feeds. Try hotscripts.com for example. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:43 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content