Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 09:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Problem

Dman

Anonymous
I've installed GL just fine. Added many plugins and all looks well. EXCEPT the Forum 2.0 plugin. The problem has to be on my end, since no one else seems to be suffering my problems. I spoke with Blaine about them, but the problems persist. THREE PROBLEMS: 1.When I click "Mark all topics as read", only an empty brower page comes up. In its lower left corner the words "Web site found. Waiting for reply" blink erratically, as if in a loop.2. When I enter a forum topic and click "View new posts in this forum", I gett this error: "1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '?forum=1' at line 1" 3. When I enter a forum and click on the "Subscribe to this forum" option, nothing happens, except the screen quickly blinks. Does anyone have a clue what may be happening here? Would love to use this forum. Is there another forum option available for GL that is as good as Forum 2.0?

anuenue

Forum User
Junior
I use the forum plugin without any problems so I'm not going to be much help. However I have been messing around with writing a custom plugin and have had my share of SQL errors. If you examine the errors.log file in the logs folder you will see the complete SQL statement that is causing the error. Hope this helps.

Dman

Anonymous
Yeah. I checked the log and it basically said what I've already stated. I think I may have a problem with my webserver. I am using Badblue on a w2k workstation (for development). I think I will move the whole thing to a real webserver and pray the change makes the difference. I can't believe I've come all this way to build such a nice site, only to have it thwarted by this problem. Hope I overcome it.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content