Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 06:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Restricting posts by topic

johnmackey

Anonymous
Is there any way I can allow Geeklog users to post in one topic but not another? I want to reserve one topic (the site's front page) to be visible by all but controlled by admins. The regular users, however, would get free reign of all the rest of the topics. I'm not entirely sure how to do this through groups, permissions, or a setup trick of some kind. JJ

johnmackey

Anonymous
I sure would like a response... please?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Geeklog's philosophy is "If you can see a topic, you can submit stories to it". So the answer is: No, that's not possible. On the other hand, I can see how this would be useful. You wouldn't believe how many of the help requests are actually posted under the "Announcements" topic here on the site ... bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
This feature is exactly what I need. I have made Geeklog the portal system for my scout troops here in Naestved, Denmark, and one of the main Idea is to ´make alle the leaders write in their OWN topic area and calender area and not in some of the others. So if this could be fitted into Geeklog together with true multi linquistic lanquage it will be moer than perfect. Your can take a look at the community here: http://www2.spejdernet.dk/herlufsholm -and not to forget: Thx for letting others use it for free :-) Jes Saxe

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content