Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 10:38 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

404 error

preacher

Anonymous
i have read all that i could find on here , changed my paths etc.. and believe them to be correct. yet when i install gl i get a 404 error for the success screen as well as a blank screen for my check.php ?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Are you sure your $_CONF['site_url'] is correct? If you can't figure it out, post the relevant parts of your config.php, please - without them it's impossible to help you. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Also post the URL that it is pointing to, that is giving you that 404 error.

Anonymous

Anonymous
here is the entire config with my password blocked out just in case Smile no offense. but to get into my site where i have to put all my files people view you go to folders in this order.. digitalechos , then public_html , and place them inside there. just so you know why the path to my gl site has that in there. but anyway here it is ..... <?php /* Reminder: always indent with 4 spaces (no tabs). */ // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | Geeklog 1.3 | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | config.php | // | Geeklog configuration file. | // | | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | Copyright (C) 2001 by the following authors: | // | | // | Authors: Tony Bibbs - tony@tonybibbs.com | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | | // | This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or | // | modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License | // | as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 | // | of the License, or (at your option) any later version. | // | | // | This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, | // | but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of | // | MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the | // | GNU General Public License for more details. | // | | // | You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License | // | along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, | // | Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. | // | | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | See the docs/install.html and docs/config.html files for more information | // | on configuration | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // // $Id: config.php,v 1.69 2003/01/13 13:21:29 dhaun Exp $ // To get Geeklog up and running, you need to make sure the settings in the // following sections are correct: // + DATABASE SETTINGS // + SERVER SETTINGS // + SITE SETTINGS // You can adjust the other settings once your site is up and running. // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | DATABASE SETTINGS | // | | // | These settings tell Geeklog about your database and how to connect to it. | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_DB_dbms = 'mysql'; // Do not change (currently, only MySQL is supported) $_DB_host = 'localhost'; $_DB_name = 'geeklog'; // Yes, your DB must exist before running the installer! $_DB_user = 'root'; $_DB_pass = 'n/a'; $_DB_table_prefix = 'gl_'; // e.g. 'gl_' // optional settings for making database backups from within Geeklog $_DB_mysqldump_path = '/usr/bin/mysqldump'; // path to mysqldump binary e.g. /usr/bin/mysqldump $_CONF['allow_mysqldump'] = 1; // 1 = on, 0 = off // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | SERVER SETTINGS | // | | // | All paths must have a trailing slash ('/'). If you're on Windows, they | // | must also start with a drive letter (e.g. 'C:/'). | // | The 'path' value signifies where the config.php (this file) resides | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['path'] = '/home/bdweb8362p/digitalechos.com/public_html/gl2/'; // C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/ // You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html // directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the // directory like this (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']): // $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; // you shouldn't need to edit the following $_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'system/'; $_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'logs/'; $_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'language/'; $_CONF['rdf_file'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'backend/geeklog.rdf'; $_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'backups/'; // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | SITE SETTINGS | // | | // | These settings help define your Geeklog site. | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // make sure this is the correct URL to your site (no trailing slash) $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.digitalechos.com/gl2'; $_CONF['site_name'] = 'LCVA Chrysalis'; $_CONF['site_slogan'] = 'An Emmaus Youth Program'; $_CONF['site_mail'] = 'designs@digitalechos.com'; $_CONF['theme'] = 'XSilver'; // default theme // Some hosting services have a preconfigured admin directory. In that case, // you need to rename Geeklog's admin directory to something like "myadmin" // and change the following URL as well. Leave as is until you experience any // problems accessing Geeklog's admin menu. $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin'; // you shouldn't need to edit the following $_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme']; $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/'; // optional settings $_CONF['allow_user_themes'] = 0; $_CONF['allow_user_language'] = 1; $_CONF['allow_user_photo'] = 1; // 1 = on, 0 = off...flag that allows users to upload self-photo // **************************************************************************** // * If you set up Geeklog for the first time, you shouldn't need to change * // * anything below this line. Come back here once the site is up and running.* // **************************************************************************** // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | LOCALE SETTINGS | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['language'] = 'english'; $_CONF['locale'] = 'en-gb'; $_CONF['date'] = '%A, %B %d %Y @ %I:%M %p %Z'; $_CONF['daytime'] = '%m/%d %I:%M%p'; $_CONF['shortdate'] = '%x'; $_CONF['dateonly'] = '%d-%b'; $_CONF['timeonly'] = '%I:%M %p %Z'; $_CONF['default_charset'] = 'iso-8859-1'; // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | SITE STATUS | // | | // | To disable your Geeklog site quickly, simply set this flag to false | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['site_enabled'] = true; // true or false // Message shown when site is down // When this starts with 'http:' visitors are redirected to that URL $_CONF['site_disabled_msg'] = 'Geeklog Site is down. Please come back soon.'; // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | SESSION SETTINGS | // | | // | cookie_ip will store md5(remoteip + randomnum) as the session ID in the | // | cookie. This is more secure but will more than likely require dialed up | // | users to login each and every time. If ipbasedsessid is turned off | // | (which it is by default) it will just store a random number as the | // | session ID in the cookie. | // | | // | default_perm_cookie_timeout is how long you want the permanent cookie | // | to persist for. This can be overridden by the user in their user prefs | // | if they want. If you don't want to allow permanent cookies set the | // | value to an empty string ''. | // | | // | session_cookie_time is how long you want the session cookie to persist | // | for. Only really useful in scenarios where you don't want to allow | // | permanent cookies | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['cookie_session'] = 'gl_session'; $_CONF['cookie_name'] = 'geeklog'; $_CONF['cookie_password'] = 'password'; $_CONF['cookie_theme'] = 'theme'; $_CONF['cookie_language'] = 'language'; $_CONF['cookie_lastvisit'] = 'LastVisit'; $_CONF['cookie_lastvisittemp'] = 'LastVisitTemp'; $_CONF['cookie_ip'] = 0; $_CONF['default_perm_cookie_timeout'] = 604800; $_CONF['session_cookie_timeout'] = 7200; $_CONF['cookie_path'] = '/'; $_CONF['cookiedomain'] = ''; $_CONF['cookiesecure'] = 0; // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | This is really redundant but I am including this as a reminder that those | // | people writing Geeklog Plug-ins that are OS dependent should check either | // | the $_CONF variable below or PHP_OS directly. If you are writing an | // | addon that is OS specific your addon should check the system is using the | // | right OS. If not, be sure to show a friendly message that says their GL | // | distro isn't running the right OS. Do not modify this value | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['ostype'] = PHP_OS; // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | MISCELLANEOUS SETTINGS | // | | // | These are other various Geeklog settings. The defaults should work OK | // | for most situations. | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // this lets you select which functions are available for registered users only $_CONF['loginrequired'] = 0; // all of them, if set to 1 will override all else $_CONF['submitloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['commentsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['linksloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['pollsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['calendarloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['statsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['searchloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['profileloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['emailuserloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['emailstoryloginrequired'] = 0; // Submission Settings // enable (set to 1) or disable (set to 0) submission queues: $_CONF['storysubmission'] = 1; $_CONF['linksubmission'] = 1; $_CONF['eventsubmission'] = 1; $_CONF['usersubmission'] = 0; // Send an email notification when a new submission has been made. The contents // of the array can be any combination of 'story', 'link', 'event', and 'user'. // Example: $_CONF['notification'] = array ('story', 'link', 'event'); // The email will be sent to $_CONF['site_mail'] (see above). $_CONF['notification'] = array (); $_CONF['postmode'] = 'plaintext'; // can be 'plaintext' or 'html' $_CONF['speedlimit'] = 45; // in seconds $_CONF['skip_preview'] = 0; // If = 1, allow user to submit comments and stories without previewing // Topic Settings // Topics can be assigned a sort number so that you can control what order they // appear in the 'Sections' block on the homepage. If you prefer you can also // have this sort alphabetically by changing the value to 'alpha' (default is // by 'sortnum' $_CONF['sortmethod'] = 'sortnum'; // or 'alpha' // Show the number of stories in a topic in Section Block $_CONF['showstorycount'] = 1; // Show the number of story submissions for a topic in Section Block $_CONF['showsubmissioncount'] = 1; // Show blocks for empty search results $_CONF['showemptysearchresults'] = 0; // How long an anonymous (guest) user session is good for $_CONF['whosonline_threshold'] = 300; // in seconds // "Daily Digest" settings // Let users get stories emailed to them // Requires cron and the use of php as a shell script $_CONF['emailstories'] = 0; // Specify length of stories in those emails: // 0 = send only title + link, 1 = send entire introtext, // any other number = max. number of characters per story $_CONF['emailstorieslength'] = 1; // New users get stories emailed to them per default (= 1) or not (= 0) $_CONF['emailstoriesperdefault'] = 0; // When user submission is activated, allow users from these domains to // register without having to go through the submission queue. $_CONF['allow_domains'] = ''; // e.g. 'mycompany.com,myothercompany.com' // Following times are in seconds $_CONF['newstoriesinterval'] = 86400; $_CONF['newcommentsinterval'] = 172800; $_CONF['newlinksinterval'] = 1209600; // Set to 1 to hide a section from the What's New block: $_CONF['hidenewstories'] = 0; $_CONF['hidenewcomments'] = 0; $_CONF['hidenewlinks'] = 0; // Calendar Settings $_CONF['personalcalendars'] = 1; $_CONF['showupcomingevents'] = 1; $_CONF['upcomingeventsrange'] = 14; // days $_CONF['event_types'] = 'Anniversary,Appointment,Birthday,Business,Education,Holiday,Meeting,Miscellaneous,Personal,Phone Call,Special Occasion,Travel,Vacation'; // Story Settings $_CONF['maximagesperarticle'] = 5; $_CONF['backend'] = 1; $_CONF['limitnews'] = 10; $_CONF['minnews'] = 1; // minimum number of stories per page $_CONF['contributedbyline'] = 1; // If 1, show contributed by line $_CONF['article_image_align'] = 'right'; // Options are left or right. $_CONF['hideemailicon'] = 0; // If 1, hide "email story" option $_CONF['hideprintericon'] = 0; // If 1, hide "printer friendly" option // When set to 1, this will render the first story on any page using the // templates for featured stories - even if that story is not featured. $_CONF['showfirstasfeatured'] = 0; // Uncomment the following line to set the copyright year in the site's footer // to a specific year. Otherwise, the current year will be used. // $_CONF['copyrightyear'] = 2003; // Optional Image Settings // If you set $_CONF['image_lib'] below, you must supply a path for the library // you will use. Setting this also assumes that if a photo is uploaded that is // too big either by the image sizes below or by overriding them using the // upload object then the library you choose will attempt to resize the image. // Leaving this value empty disables this feature $_CONF['image_lib'] = ''; // can be netpbm, imagemagick // If you set image_lib to imagemagick give this path otherwise comment it out // NOTE: you will need a fairly recent version of ImageMagick for this to work. // ImageMagick version 5.4.9 (or newer) is recommended. //$_CONF['path_to_mogrify'] = '/path/to/mogrify'; // If you set image_lib to netpbm give the path to the netpbm directory, you // need the trailing slash here. // NOTE: if you use NETPBM, use the latest package from the Gallery package for // your operating system found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gallery in // the download section. You need to take the netpbm tarball from them and // uncompress the file which will create a netpbm directory. If you plan to // only use netpbm with Geeklog, put that entire folder in /path/to/geeklog and // adjust the path below. The only programs you need from netpbm are giftopnm, // jpegtopnm, pngtopnm, ppmtogif, ppmtojpeg, pnmtopng and pnmscale //$_CONF['path_to_netpbm'] = '/path/to/netpbm/'; // Story image settings $_CONF['max_image_width'] = 300; // In pixels $_CONF['max_image_height'] = 300; // In pixels $_CONF['max_image_size'] = 1048576; // 1048576 = 1MB // User photo settings $_CONF['max_photo_width'] = 96; // In pixels $_CONF['max_photo_height'] = 96; // In pixels $_CONF['max_photo_size'] = 65536; // 65536 = 64KB // Comment Settings $_CONF['commentspeedlimit'] = 45; $_CONF['comment_limit'] = 100; // Default Number of Comments under Story $_CONF['comment_mode'] = 'threaded'; // Default Comment Mode; from 'threaded','nested','nocomments',and 'flat' // Allow / disallow comments to stories by default (can be changed individually for every story) $_CONF['comment_code'] = 0; // 0 = comments enabled, -1 = disabled // Poll Settings $_CONF['maxanswers'] = 10; // 'submitorder' is order answers are saved in admin/poll.php // 'voteorder' will list answers in order of number of votes (highest->lowest); $_CONF['answerorder'] = 'submitorder'; $_CONF['pollcookietime'] = 86400; $_CONF['polladdresstime'] = 604800; // Links Settings // You can set both of the following to 0 to get back the old (pre-1.3.6) // style of the links section. Setting only linkcols to 0 will hide the // categories but keep the paging. Setting only linksperpage to 0 will list // all the links of the selected category on one page. $_CONF['linkcols'] = 3; // categories per column $_CONF['linksperpage'] = 10; // links per page // Parameters for checking words and HTML tags $_CONF['allowablehtml'] = '<p>,<b>,<i>,<a>,<em>,<br>,<tt>,<hr>,<li>,<ol>,<ul>,<code>,<pre>'; $_CONF['adminhtml'] = $_CONF['allowablehtml'] . ', <div>,<table>,<tr>,<td>,<th>'; $_CONF['censormode'] = 1; $_CONF['censorreplace'] = '*censored*'; $_CONF['censorlist'] = array('*censored*','*censored*','*censored*er','*censored*ing','*censored*','*censored*','*censored*','*censored*','*censored*','*censored*','*censored*','*censored*','*censored*ing','mother*censored*er'); // Experimental, only works with staticpages right now. This feature is known // to have issues that are unresolvable with systems running IIS. Have not // tested on windows with apache yet. This feature when fully implemented, // will make your site crawler friendly. Problems with IIS are known PHP CGI // bug. $_CONF['url_rewrite'] = false; // false = off, true = on // Define a few useful things for GL if (!defined ('LB')) { define('LB',"n"Wink; } if (!defined ('VERSION')) { define('VERSION', '1.3.7sr1'); } $_STATES = array( '--'=>'', 'AL'=>'Alabama', 'AK'=>'Alaska', 'AZ'=>'Arizona', 'AR'=>'Arkansas', 'CA'=>'California', 'CO'=>'Colorado', 'CT'=>'Connecticut', 'DE'=>'Delaware', 'DC'=>'District of Columbia', 'FL'=>'Florida', 'GA'=>'Georgia', 'HI'=>'Hawaii', 'ID'=>'Idaho', 'IL'=>'Illinois', 'IN'=>'Indiana', 'IA'=>'Iowa', 'KS'=>'Kansas', 'KY'=>'Kentucky', 'LA'=>'Louisiana', 'ME'=>'Maine', 'MD'=>'Maryland', 'MA'=>'Massachusetts', 'MI'=>'Michigan', 'MN'=>'Minnesota', 'MS'=>'Mississippi', 'MO'=>'Missouri', 'MT'=>'Montana', 'NE'=>'Nebraska', 'NV'=>'Nevada', 'NH'=>'New Hampshire', 'NJ'=>'New Jersy', 'NM'=>'New Mexico', 'NY'=>'New York', 'NC'=>'North Carolina', 'ND'=>'North Dakota', 'OH'=>'Ohio', 'OK'=>'Oklahoma', 'OR'=>'Oregon', 'PA'=>'Pennsylvania', 'RI'=>'Rhode Island', 'SC'=>'South Carolina', 'SD'=>'South Dakota', 'TN'=>'Tennessee', 'TX'=>'Texas', 'UT'=>'Utah', 'VT'=>'Vermont', 'VA'=>'Virginia', 'WA'=>'Washington', 'WV'=>'West Viginia', 'WI'=>'Wisconsin', 'WY'=>'Wyoming' ); ?>

maigoofy

Forum User
Junior
I have the same problem. I use Mac OS X Server 10.2.5. And I cannot access my Geeklog site in a local directory while I can access it from outside the LAN/ router. I get "404 Not Found" message. I tried the following addresses, and it did not work. http://localhost/index.php http://127.0.0.1/index.php http://192.168.0.2/index.php http://mydomainname/index.php However, I have no problem accessing a simple info.php file that shows PHP info when I intall it in the local site directory. What's wrong? I would really appreciate your help.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Either this one is wrong: $_CONF['path'] = '/home/bdweb8362p/digitalechos.com/public_html/gl2/'; and/or this one is wrong: $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; Under which directory did you place the public files? public_html, gl2, or a sub of gl2. Where did you place the non-public files? gl2 or somewhere else.

Anonymous

Anonymous
He has a path problem. If your site can be seen outside the LAN, then your problem is different. Maybe someone who runs a similar setup knows how to correct this for you.

maigoofy

Forum User
Junior
Right. I think it is.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content