Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 09:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

File Manager Plugin Problem

Anonymous

Anonymous
Just updated my Geeklog site to 1.3.7sr1 and was now trying to install the file managment plugin. Installation went fine but when I get to Step 4 Set Filemgmt Plugin Admin Options - when I submit the form I see the following error at the top of my page and the change doesn't happen: Warning: fopen("/var/www/plugins/filemgmt/filemgmt.php", "w"Wink - Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1169 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1194 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1195 I've played around with all kinds of permission settings to no avail. Help Smile Jim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This file should be writable, so try 666 for the permissions. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hmm I'm pretty sure I tried 777 in desperation Smile Another question - what should the owner/group be for all my files under /public_html/ ?? apache/apache? nobody/nobody? I've got a mix of root/my login/apache Thanks, Jim

Anonymous

Anonymous
what i did was, i chomd the filemgmt.php to 777 and it worked and also the data folders.... and it worked perfectly oh almost forgot...i also chomd the config file of the plugin to 777 and it worked fine. but now the upload file link in the user fucntions won't show up... and if i try with the url /filemgmt/submit.php it says that i have no permission. if you know how to fix that please help me out i hope that helps... fimi

Blaine

Forum User
That is most likely because the user does not have filemgmt.user rights or you have not enabled anonymous upload in the filemgmt config. Create a test group and add the filemgmt.user right to it. Then add that user to that group. See if that works. Ensure you have anonymous upload enabled as another option if you want to allow that.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content