Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, April 28 2024 @ 05:06 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Static Pages 1.2 BIG PROBLEM!

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
I really cannot install this plugins properly ... 1. Using GL 1.3.7SR1. Tried the method under staticpages_1.2_1.3.6.tar.gz readme file. Note : I did not copy the whole folder like staticpages/admin over .. I copied the files inside over. <- what I read from searches 2. I will get error msg where the System Locked. After which GL cannot be used, only showing error msg, 1054:SP_POS 3. Is there a way, a way for me to do the upgrade? 4. I also have existing staticpages on the PC already, do I need to back them up first or wat? 5. I was thinking of deleting away the 1.1, and install the 1.2. However I think all my staticpages will be gone. Using GL on XP PRO w/ APache ... SOMEBODY, PLS HELP ME!!!!
Die young, stay Pretty

vbgunz

Forum User
I believe you can delete your static page plugin and *if* you install a newer copy your static pages will still be in the system. The reason is because I think static pages go direct to the database...

As far as your problem, I had it too... The fix is finding for 1.2 admin/plugins/staticpages/updb.sql and importing it into your database...

Good luck Smile

---
Victor B. Gonzalez

Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
How do we import it to the dbase ? I am using XP Pro .. PHP APache, and mYsql ... I have not use other tools like PHPMyAdmin b4 .. so I need some guidance .. thx!
Die young, stay Pretty

Anonymous

Anonymous
Are you using any software to review or edit your MySQL database or are you using the command line for this?

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
I believe I can use the MYSQL thru command line .. but if there's a tool .. I could adapt to ... somebody ???
Die young, stay Pretty

vbgunz

Forum User
Use phpmyadmin... Its very nice or you can try a .32 .exe application like sqlyog at http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/ Goodluck Smile---Victor B. Gonzalez
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
Yah looks good indeed ... will try it ... thx!
Die young, stay Pretty

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
I finally got it solved ... I used PHPMYAdmin .. SQL and uploaded the udb.sql file .. did the installation, and voila !!!! I think I am correct!!!! It was because of the missing columns in the table ... Thanks all!!!!
Die young, stay Pretty

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
Now another question .. if the anonymous user is not allowed to view .. will he be redirect to a page to register .. or he will only see a blank page ????
Die young, stay Pretty

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
Now another question .. if the anonymous user is not allowed to view .. will he be redirect to a page ? or what will he see ????
Die young, stay Pretty

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Since you got it working now - why not try it out yourself? bye, Dirk

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
Tried out .. but it was a blank page ... I also noticed that the fonts when typed in the editor with "<b>" tag .. it no longer turns out BOLD ... any idea?
Die young, stay Pretty

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
Somebody ? Tomw told me it's GL config.php .. but I was able to see bold fonts before 1.2 was installed ... ANyone ?? Thank you!!!
Die young, stay Pretty

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
I ve resolved this .. the idea is to put all the text into a table .. All the HTML encoding will turn out well ...
Die young, stay Pretty

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:06 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content