Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 08:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Support for Archiving a Web Comic?

angerson

Anonymous
I'm using GeekLog to run my weekly online comic FishTanked and I need some help establishing a good way to navigate through the comic archive.

As it stands right now my comic archive is a GeekLog static page with some Javascript causing the image to update via a pull-down menu. While this works, I'd love to be able to navigate through the comics w/ Previous and Next buttons like most other online comics do, but this seems far too complicated for my remedial programming skills. Anyone know of a pre-built solution or just an eay way to accomplish this?

rawdata

Forum User
That is so cool. What are you using to create the graphics in your strip?

If you do a Google search, there's a few scripts which organize the display and archive of comics. Here are a few. I don't know how good any of them are.

angerson

Anonymous
Hey thanks for the quick reply and the suggestions. I use HotScripts.com as a resource all the time, I just never thought about searching there for a comic display script. Who would have thought this was a common issue? Smile As for my comic, it's all hand-drawn using Adobe Illustrator. Thanks again.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Why not use GL stories, one for each strip? Set the number of stories per page to a low value. Use topics if you have more than one comic or it has multiple themes.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content