Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:18 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

host transfer

shortround

Anonymous
Hi guys, Sorry to bug you all again, but I recently ran into a hitch when I switched to a new webhost. I used phpmyadmin to backup and reload the entire MYSQL db to the new DB. I have everything up and running fine... including my phpbb. The config.php and libcommon.php seem to be fine too as the page loads up perfectly as you can see here: http://goldentaco.org However, the links section no longer works nor am I able to log in. Everything just links back to the main page. Completely bizzare. In fact, I deleted all the files and tables in the DB and reloaded/installed geeklog and it worked fine. I again dropped the new db tables and uploaded my old ones, and we're back to the same problem. Has anyone seen this before? I can't find any reference to it ever happening on the GL site. -Shorty

Anonymous

Anonymous
You must of fixed it. It works for me.

Anonymous

Anonymous
It's me Shorty again... didn't feel like relogging in. I've deleted all caches and cookies... and it still doesn't work for me. If you try to vote, it won't work... nor if you try to click on a link in the links page. It just sends you back to the main page. Same thing happens when you try to log in. The site seems to be running fine otherwise. And it works fine on a fresh install of GL... so it has to be something with the DB, though I've dumped/uploaded it multiple times from phpmyadmin on the old host. It makes no sense... especially when PHPBB is running fine. Is it possible the gl tables in the DB could be corrupted somehow in the dump?

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure you have the php setting 'register_globals' is turned on in your php.ini file. I think you might be able to set this from your .htaccess file. -Vinny

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yeah, it is... I had the host take care of that for me. There's a warning about it before you install. I just found another problem with a freshly installed site: http://muellhorn.goldentaco.org/ Feel free to try logging in and doing stuff. Nothing seems to work. I think it has to do with permissions on php or perhaps MYSQL like you said.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Now, that is really weird. I've never seen this before. Have you tried uploading fresh copies of those two files? You should take a look at the data in the database. If it's not corrupted, then I don't think you need to keep reloading it.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I've tried uploading all new files and everything... just uploaded a new config.php and lib.common as well freshly edited. And nothing. I think it must be something wrong with the webserver itself because it was all working fine with the same DB, and configs on another server.

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Write a quick php page: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Go to that page and make sure they really turned on register globals. You're site is acting like they are turned off. -Vinny

Anonymous

Anonymous
Can you tell me if this is right? I can't find register globals anywhere... http://goldentaco.org/test.php

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Try searching for "register_globals". It's "off", btw, so Geeklog won't work. You need to ask your hosting service to switch it on for you or if you can do it yourself in a .htaccess file. bye, Dirk

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
I already replied to the email you sent me, but for archiving purposes: in pulbic_html/.htaccess file (may need to be created) add the lines: php_flag register_globals on or ask your host to turn on register globals for you. Note: some hosting providers do not allow the tuning of php_flags via .htaccess. In that case you have to talk to your host. -Vinny

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content