Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:54 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

database size

eccc

Anonymous
My database has just passed 10Mb, which isn't too big, but it's beginnig to grow by about 100k a day. With the stats stored in the main DB, is there a way to "archive" the old stuff into another DB to keep the main DB from growing so big so fast? Aaron

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
You're probably OK, I have a 151MB database (yes, MCool and I'm doing fine. If you are running Geeklog under MySQL 4 you should enable the query cache feature which has cut some of my page loads nearly in half. Oh, and to answer your question, archiving isn't supported yet.---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks for the reply... The main reason I want to keep db size down is because I am having a copy emailed out every morning at 3:30 AM. I have a cron job dumping it, tarring it and emailing it to me. I'm thinking further down the road -- in your case I really don't want to receive a 150 MB file every single night. Aaron

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:54 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content