Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 09:49 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

File Manager

Anonymous

Anonymous
I am really frustrated with this file manager plugin, though it would b nice to have it. Here is my problem, i have been tailing installation processes and everything was followed by a ...success, except in some cases it just went to the next ilen like: Fri Mar 21 14:09:26 2003 - Attempting to create new Security Rights Fri Mar 21 14:09:26 2003 - Attempting to add filemgmt.edit feature Fri Mar 21 14:09:26 2003 - Attempting to add filemgmt.user feature Fri Mar 21 14:09:26 2003 - Attempting to add filemgmt.upload feature Fri Mar 21 14:09:26 2003 - ...success Thing is, that although it is installed and everything works fine, links were not made, and no admin options are available in the administration block. I can easily access the download manager by typing in the link, http://mysite.com/admin/plugins/filemgmt/ but i can't get it "fully" installed. Any help would be greatly appretiated.

rawdata

Forum User
Go inside the User Editor and see if you have the blocks checked giving you permission to the Admin area.

Blaine

Forum User
The installation process will grant the filemgmt.edit right to the root group only. Any user with ROOT group membership should get the admin link. Create a new group and see if you see the new filemgmt rights - maybe you will see multiple and this would indicate you have somehow really confused it and it's created multiple permission records.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Anonymous

Anonymous
I got all of that... but still nothing i sign in as root (admin) nothing... i have to brute force type in the links to get anything out of it

Blaine

Forum User
very well, but you really didn't answer my question of if you see the filemgmt rights when you create a new group. I gather you have tried to delete it (using the plugin editor) and re-install. Are you using Geeklog version 1.3.7 The plugin has been out for 6 months and installed by 100's and I can only assume you have somehow got it in a state where there are duplicate permission rights or possibly you have a conflict with another plugin
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content