Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Anonymous comment error

Esteban

Forum User
I am still having problems with Anonymous users posting comments. I have scanned this site for help but no one seems to have the solution.

My site is ultramonkey.co.uk

Please help me!!!

rawdata

Forum User
Go inside config.php, and find this section of code. Set the ones you don't want available to anonymous people as 1 instead of 0. If you don't want anything availabe to anonymous then set the first variable's value here to 1. // this lets you select which functions are available for registered users only $_CONF['loginrequired'] = 0; // all of them, if set to 1 will override all else $_CONF['submitloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['commentsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['linksloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['pollsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['calendarloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['statsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['searchloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['profileloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['emailuserloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['emailstoryloginrequired'] = 0;

Esteban

Forum User
Here is my current config:

// this lets you select which functions are available for registered users only $_CONF['loginrequired'] = 0; // all of them, if set to 1 will override all else $_CONF['submitloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['commentsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['linksloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['pollsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['calendarloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['statsloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['searchloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['profileloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['emailuserloginrequired'] = 0; $_CONF['emailstoryloginrequired'] = 0;

I don't think the problem is in the config, it is something to do with the way Geeklog authorizes a comment and assigns it as Annonymous. I dunno, something is wrong and I can't fix it.

rawdata

Forum User
Yes, you do. They're all set to 0. This means you are allowing anonymous to particapte in everything. You need to set those you do not want available to them as 1 not 0. For example, if you do not want them posting comments, then set this variable to 1: $_CONF['commentsloginrequired'] = 1; If you do not want them submitting stories either, then set this variable to 1 also: $_CONF['submitloginrequired'] = 1; etc... If you do not want them to participate in any of these things, then just set this variable to 1 and you can leave the others as 0: $_CONF['loginrequired'] = 1;

Esteban

Forum User
Sorry, my original post is a bit vague - my problem is that Anonymous visitors get errors on posting comments. I want them to be able to post comments but they can't. I was in a hurry when I typed up the original post, sorry dude, my bad.

Anonymous

Anonymous
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''test anonymoust post',now(),'Splish Splash',0,'article')' at line 1 Check your error log; should provide some more details / exact file or function where the problem is occurring. I'm a novice so can't help much more than that.. Sorry.

Esteban

Forum User
I get this in debug mode:

---- DEBUG ---- sid [20030304203743808] pid [0] type [article] uid [] title [Harry Caray] comment [tfrr] postmode [plaintext] mode [Submit Comment] --------------- 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''tfrr',now(),'Harry Caray',0,'article')' at line 1

To me it looks as if an anonymous user is not being assigned a user id of "0" - I don't know why

Esteban

Forum User
Also noticed that on my system insted of this at the top on the comment page: Username: Anonymous User [ Create Account ] I get Username: Anonymous User [ Log Out ]

Esteban

Forum User
Fixed it, the problem was caused by a stats block I use from GXblocks.com Remove that and it all works.

rv8

Forum User
Regular Poster

The stats block sets a username of Anonymous for anonymous users, rather than leaving it empty as the rest of the GL code expects. This breaks a few things - anonymous folks can't make comments, and they can't e-mail stories.

These problems can be fixed by making a change in a few lines of code. See this item. Look for the comment titled "Fixed".

---
Kevin

Kevin Horton

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content