Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 05:50 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help! www.nans.us in trouble

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello Everyone. I have had geeklog for a couple of months now with no problems. All of a sudden, I tried to add new code that had a graphic embedded...Now the story where I put it will only show the title but not any of the code OR allow me to delete it. How would I go a about deleting it since it does NOT show. Thank you for your help with my geeklog problem..

Nans.us nanvr@attbi.com. Thanks

Anonymous

Anonymous
Delete it from gl.stories This happens every so often, especially if you try to remove and re-add an image (or so it would seem on my site).

Anonymous

Anonymous
You're not clear on what you're using -- the story editor, static pages, or something else. Regardless, you can always delete the info directly from the database using phpMyAdmin or something else. It's a good idea to do a backup first and be careful on what you delete.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Okay, I'm new so... Here goes the dumb question. Sorry but I am green...To delete from gl stories... Is that through the ftp? Do I open ftp? download to my desktop? Make changes or is there another way? Thank you... NVr

Anonymous

Anonymous
The server that I use has its own database so I do not use myphpadmin so.. any ideas how to do this from that stand point. I was using the "stories" option....added a code that had graphics.. boom, nothing showed. <p>Last question.. Can I use the ftp to do this task.. I understand that pretty good. <p>I am unfamiliar with the database as I did not set up my geeklog, I paid to have it set up and if I don't figure this out myself, I'm gonna' have to pay again to get it fixed.. eeeekkk. HELP please.. Thanks so much.. bloom where you're planted. I'm trying to!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Stories are stored in the database - there's nothing you could do here via ftp. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thank you very much.. I will try....

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:50 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content