Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 05:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

What's Related -- More By ____ link

Anonymous

Anonymous
I post a lot of stories for my users and have figured out how to edit the db to give them credit for the article by changing the uid field in gl_stories But when the story is actually being read, on the right hand side of the screen it still says under the 'What's Related' header, more by admin (my user name). Any help here? Thanks!

Anonymous

Anonymous
Just open the story up in the story editor and it will rebuild the What's Related or try Dirks Update What's Related utility available in downloads.

marcg

Forum User
Junior
I would like to remove the \"More by [author]\" link, but leave the \"More from [topic]\" and URL links (if there are any in the story) intact. Is this possible? Marc
How you look depends on where you've been (!)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The \"more by author\" link is left out if you set $_CONF[\'contributedbyline\'] = 0 in config.php. However, that will hide the author\'s name from the story, comments, and other places as well. If you don\'t want that, you will have to hack function COM_whatsRelated() in lib-common.php. bye, Dirk

marcg

Forum User
Junior
I\'ve tried commenting out and even removing lines from function COM_whatsRelated() that seem to be responsible for the More by [user] line, but it\'s still there. What must be changed?
How you look depends on where you've been (!)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by marcg: I've tried commenting out and even removing lines from function COM_whatsRelated() that seem to be responsible for the More by [user] line, but it's still there. What must be changed?
If you remove this piece of code:
Text Formatted Code
        // add a link to "search by author"
        if( $_CONF["contributedbyline"] == 1 )
        {
            $author = DB_getItem( $_TABLES['users'], 'username', "uid = $uid" );
            $rel[] = "<a href="{$_CONF['site_url']}/search.php?mode=search&type=stories&author=$uid">{$LANG24[37]} $author</a>";
        }
that link should disappear - if you're on Geeklog 1.3.8, that is. On 1.3.7, you will need to save the story again. bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, it seems to be one of those days again where the forum eats the closing square brackets ... I hope you can make out the piece of code nonetheless. bye, Dirk

bweber

Forum User
Chatty
Sorry about the amateur question, I should maybe be able to figure this out from the previous posts in this thread. However... how can I remove the entire "What's Related" under a story? Specifically, the "What's Related" title and the "More from [topic]".

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

~Bob

bweber

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks but never mind, found the call in the article.thtml

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content