Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, September 01 2024 @ 01:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Uploading images/languages

royzemi

Forum User
I'm having problems up-loading images -- I'm using GL in Japanese. When I put in [image1] into the post, I get the standard error "image #1, [datetime].jpg is not used in your post (in Japanese of course). Checking previous posts here, I see someone got it working by changing the [image1] to the appropriate language, but that doesn't seem to work if I simply replace image with âÊëú (Japanese). How can I find out what the language file wants input here? (ie where in the language file should I look?), or could there be another problem. BTW, permissions seem fine, and the image does get up-loaded no problem so I can simply cancel the first post and make a second referencing the image with HTML. (The instructions for image upload are not translated and appear in English).

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
String number 48 in $LANG24 (i.e. $LANG24[48]) holds the word "image" in the English language file. This is the word that is used for the [image1] pseudo tags. It is probably a good idea not to translate that word, especially when the translation includes national special characters. bye, Dirk

royzemi

Forum User
Perfect. I changed $LANG24[48] back to 'image', and did the same for $LANG24[47] as well just to be safe. I also translated the instructions into Japanese. Both worked perfectly.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hey! This is very important variable! Thanks for notice. And please include NOTICE about this somewhere in language file or documentation.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content