Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 30 2024 @ 02:38 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Backup Failed: Filesize was 0 bytes?

vbgunz

Forum User
I got what I thought was a flawless install up until I tried to backup my database... I am on Windows XP and have the latest versions of PHP and MySQL installed along with Geeklog 1.3.7sr1...Within the Config file I found the optional settings for making backups and tried an absolute link C:yadayada right down to a relative link ../../yadayada and even tried removing it just to end up with the same error even after refresh... Any ideas?
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

Anonymous

Anonymous
That particular feature didn't work on my Windows server either. I didn't really mind or make an effort to figure out why because I use phpMyAdmin instead for database backups and maintainence. It has some very good features in it.

vbgunz

Forum User
I also use phpMyAdmin... I really like when a program works 100% Its OK though if it is maybe a bug I hope it gets fixed but I am also betting it is probably something only wrong on my end... Its cool, Geeklog is awesome Smile---Victor B. Gonzalez
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yes, it would be nice, but I think most of the open source software is better tested on *nix systems than Windows.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hi, i have the same problem on suse linux 7.2 Whats the Problem?

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm getting the same problem on Linux also. It's not due to a misconfig or file permission. The directory is set at 777. I've narrowed the problem down to this little line in database.php: exec($command); $command is the actual call to the mysqldump utility: $command = $_DB_mysqldump_path . " -h$_DB_host -u$_DB_user -p$_DB_pass $_DB_name > {$backupfile}"; I think the problem may be because safe_mode is on. I submitted a support ticket to my ISP's tech asking if I can do exec calls to the mysqldump utility with it on. I found a post here where someone said he had to have this turned off to get it work.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Got a response back. They have to turn safe mode off for me to do command calls. This may be the problem for the windows guys who are having problems here too.

Anonymous

Anonymous
No, I don't think so as I run with Safe_Mode=Off and get the same error??

Anonymous

Anonymous
Did anyone get a resolution to this problem? I dont have safe mode turned on, and I am getting this also. In addition, I am running windows. Thanks

Ogdenous

Anonymous
caffeinated
Big Grin I think I found out my problem with DB Backups (Database Backups). I set the path to: c:/mysql/bin/mysqldump.exe in config.php $_DB_mysqldump_path variable All is good now

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Anonymous, you ROCK! I\'ve been having same problem on windows for 2 weeks, and this definitely fixed it! Yeehaw. Development team, please take note to add this into install instructions that we have to modify this line for our installs to work properly. Thanks!

gz

Anonymous

I found out that the problem was that a newer installation of MySQL puts that program in a path with spaces. When you set your variables in config.php with the whole path with spaces it does not work. What I did was copy mysqldump.exe file in a new directory I created with a path that has no spaces, for example: C:example. I changed the path variable in config.php to C:example and got the Geeklog backup function working.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content