Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 04 2024 @ 03:13 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

4images

twohawks

Forum User
Junior
Hi all.I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a hack to integrate 4images and GL. I tried to install Geekary on my UNIX box running GL and had some problems. I'm hoping that Moshiach (developer of Geekary) can come up with some solutions. In the meantime, however, I'm interested to hear about experiences using 4images with GL.Thanks!

Anonymous

Anonymous
I don't think Moshiach should waste his time doing this because it would just be too silly for your site.

What is the matter with some of you people? You slam those who you want help from. Get a clue buddy.

twohawks

Forum User
Junior
Thanks for your input "anonymous." At least I post my username with my criticisms. As I said before, and directly to Moshiach by the way, I don't want to use the terms Geekary and Geekages. I think that Geekary is an awesome tool and I'm grateful that Moshiach put his time and energy into it. I'm grateful that I can use his plugin on my site if I choose. I've even asked him for info on how to send donations if I use it. So call me whatever you want for expressing my opinion - at least I have one and I don't hide behind "anonymous" usernames to express them.

twohawks

Forum User
Junior
One more thing. Moshiach can help me get the install working or not... that's his choice. If someone is incapable or oversensitive to criticism, like you seem to be, they probably shouldn't release programs to the general public. I'll bet that Moshiach isn't half as sensitive to criticism or people voicing their preferences than you are. If you don't want criticism in life you should go be a hermit. Moshiach, if you feel I was insensitive to your efforts in any way I apologize. I meant no offense in my posts.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Check out Country Web, he has a sweet integration with 4images. http://www.cweb.ws/

Anonymous

Anonymous
I didn't see anything in there for me or the anonymous user to get critical about. For those of you who have been emailing me for support or contacting my site, my ISP at home is currently in the process of completely ruining my online life. I haven't been able to get a connection to the internet from home in 3 weeks (and this is DSL) and I don't have much access from work because of the firewall. I can't even read my email. I'm giving them a few more days. If this isn't solved by the end of the week I'll be starting the completely asinine and complicated procedures with Qwest to get the DSL repointed. As for 4images, Country Web is a good site to take a look at. I don't think anyone has built a bridge between 4images and Geeklog, though, so it's not a seamless integration. The Geekary is a work in progress. One day it will surpass 4images, for now it's just a damn fine gallery prototype for Geeklog.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks Moshiach for letting me know, and anonymous, that there are software authors out there with skins thicker than paper - it's good to know. I absolutely think that Geekary will surpass 4images someday and, for the record, my preference is to use Geekary now that I know how to change the language.php file. Thanks for the hard work you've put into Geekary and for sharing it with us. Good luck getting your DSL up and running!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:13 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content