Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Batch import Users questions

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Gang.I know most of you have done this and I'm wondering whether you wouldn't mind sharing it with me?What's the best format for a file to be imported in the batch import of users?I created a tab delimited text file which created a name.txt with this format..user1 username1 useremail1user2 username2 useremail2I'm not quite sure whether this is the right format though because when I tried to import the file, geeklog gave me this error..ERRORSMime type, application/octet-stream, not in list of allowed mime typesSo I played around with different format such asuser1,username1,useremail1user2 ,username2,useremail2or "user1",username1,useremail1"user2",username2,useremail2No luck.. What's the proper text format to do the import? Also is there a format or a way to import all of those users with their group already assigned to them and what's the format? Please advise...?Thanks..The Dude

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I think you're misinterpreting the error message. Try giving your file a .txt extension so that your browser treats it as an ASCII file when uploading. The actual format is just as described on the batch import page: full name, username, email address - tab-delimited, no commas or quotes necessary. bye, Dirk

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Dirk. I did name it with TXT. I found out what the issue is. One of the entry for some reason is saved in the wrong format. Got it fixed.. Thanks dude.. Cheers, The Dude

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content