Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 11:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

changes in thtml don't show up?

Limynali

Forum User
Chatty
I'm trying to develop a new theme for my site and am running into problems. I'm able to make changes to the style.css file just fine. But when I try to edit one of the .thtml files 80% of the time my changes just don't show up. I've tried closing the browser, refreshing, restarting ... Even major changes like say deleting all of the text in a template don't show up sometimes. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate the help. I'm running windows xp pro and am editing with notepad in case that matters.
Got root?

efarmboy

Forum User
It would appear you are editing the wrong .thtml file or editing the right one in the wrong theme. Any changes should take immediate effect. Can you give an example of what you are trying to do. Blaine

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yeah, I was editing the right theme but not the right thtml file. I'm new to GL and didn't understand the difference between a regular and a featured story. No wonder nothing showed up. Thanks!

Anonymous

Anonymous
You need to experment with each file to make sure you understand the structure and be sure your "layout" is on the one your editing xsilver/clean etc... example: public_html/layout/xsilver in this xsilver directory, you would edit the "header.thtml, and footer.thtml" to change the main page look. Next there is "featuredstory.thtml" and "storybodytext.thtml" those edit the look of the main pages stories. you can even try "rightblocks.thtml" and "leftblocks.thtml" for editing the background where the left and right blocks show up. Th3Cleaner Broken-Nation.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content