Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 06:41 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Image path for articles wrong

mastalee

Anonymous
I've got geeklog working perfectly! well almost, the images that i upload for articles to publish aren't going to the correct place when the page builds. the images are going to /html/geeklog/images/articles/ and the built page shows a broken image becuase that path for it is /html/images/articles anyone know where i can fix this? thanks, SB

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Something with either your $_CONF['path_html'] or $_CONF['site_url'] is wrong then. They should both point to your document root (i.e. where your index.php and lib-common.php reside). Geeklog expects the images in images/articles under that directory / URL. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
I have the same problem and i checked - I have all pathes right In fact - I can do other work, like editing events (add, edit delete) with no problems, it is only related to GetPublished - when I want to work with news and stories There is no Articles folder within Images folder - I double checked my fixmycomp.com (other site) runs GL 1.3.6 perfectly and it does not have this folder inside images too What else could be wrong here?

volkoff

Anonymous
Solution was really easy! Just to create empty folders inside images! I found at least 2 missing: articles and userphotos - one was missed for news submission and another one is for updating profile There are probably other folders abscent, but solutions is the same - just make empty ones!

Anonymous

Anonymous
It depends on which software you use to unzip the tar file. A program like WinZip doesn't extract empty directories whereas and some of the others do. If you can uncompress the tar file right on the server that should also create the empty directories.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content