Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 05:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Viewing comments Anonymously problem

EKwant

Forum User
Junior
I'm having an issue with my install of GL 1.3.7 with anonymous users not being able to view comments to stories. In config.php, my $CONF[commentsloginrequired] variable is set to zero, but isn't that for posting comments? I can't think of what to check or set to allow comments to be viewed when not logged in. Any suggestions? EKwant www.kwantum.net

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, when I click on the comments link for your first story (Smiley Enhanced), I get the message "You do not have access to view this story.". So the problem is not with the comments but with the permissions you set on the story. Can you list the permissions and ownership (group, owner) for that story? bye, Dirk

EKwant

Forum User
Junior
The rights to the message are as follows: Owner: Read, Edit Group: Read Members: Read Anonymous: Read With the owner and group being myself and Story Admin, respectively. A little more info, don't know if it helps... I did upgrade this installation from 1.3.6. I've looked at the database directly and the values for the story, but I'm not sure what would be wrong, as I don't know what values belong to what (in some cases anyways). I've also unset and reset permissions on the story, but it still doesn't allow access for anonymous users. EKwant www.kwantum.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content