Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 05:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Remote Posting Interface? API?

Bschollnick

Forum User
Folks, I'm trying out NetNews Pro, which is a RSS Aggregiator (SP?), and posting interface... It includes a UI for posting directly to the RSS feeds that you are viewing... Or copying directly from one and posting to another... >g< But I can't seem to get the post functions to work right now... The editor offers these Api's...MetaWebLog, Blogger, and Blosxom Which are used for: Blogger, Blosxom, Conversant, Drupal, Manial, Movable Type, Pmachine, Radio Userland, SnipSnap, and "Other". Are any of these others web logs, comparable to Geeklog? I've tried to use these and keep getting a "Can't post this item because the weblog server returned: "/CFSStreamFault". I'm going to contact the author to see if he can offer any advice or write native geeklog support... But I can't find the exterior API documented anywhere? Also, what would the RPC URL be? Or the Blog ID? The site is http://bschollnick.phpwebhosting.com/digital/ (You'll be redirected)... I'm trying to do a slashdot like site with geeklog... Feel free to join in...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Geeklog does not have or support an API for remote posting. Something for the feature list for Geeklog 2, I guess ...

The closest I can think of is Tom Willet's Story Importer - which I haven't even tried myself, so I may be misinterpreting what it actually does ...

bye, Dirk

Bschollnick

Forum User
I glanced at Story Importer a little while back, and couldn't get it working... Please add to the list, pretty high up there, a remote posting api.... I haven't examined the other software, but something like this would make my life so much easier... Right now, I have to cut 'n paste multiple times when I see something else where that I want to post on my site... Using a package like NetNewswire Pro would be so much simplier... - Benjamin

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content