Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:45 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How to make simple Sumbit a story?

onetouch

Anonymous
This is probably already answered but I was unable to find it Smile. I want just simple submit a story page just like this one. But when I click on sumit.php it redirects me to admin/story.php?mode=edit which gives me too many options. Any idea how to have simple page like this one? Thanks all

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

If you're the Admin or StoryAdmin of a site, you will always get the Admin's version if the story editor. You don't need to use all those features if you don't want to - just select a title, a topic, and type in your story in the "Intro text" field, that's all you need to do.

Or you could hack submit.php and remove the redirect to the Admin's story editor from there:

Text Formatted Code
    elseif (SEC_hasRights ('story.edit')) {
        echo COM_refresh ($_CONF['site_admin_url']
            . '/story.php?mode=edit');
        exit;
    }

After that, even the (Story)Admin will get the simple story submission form.

bye, Dirk

onetouch

Anonymous
Thanks Smile, this works...but I get another problem: after submiting a story like this it goes to approval, even if it's $_CONF['storysubmission'] = 0; (or even 1) . User that submit is story adim, but to make it easier I removed Admin block for them so they only have Submit a story, so how can I make it to publish it without approval? Submiting from admin/story.php?mode=edit submits a story directly (but then it's not simple Smile). P.S. Besides being the best CMS around, GL has great helpfull too Smile Thanks

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:45 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content