Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 09:14 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Only part of page displays

keystone

Forum User
Chatty
I'm not sure if this is an issue with geeklog, the ISP, my sql or what. When I visit my site initially, it only displays the header and stops. When I hit stop, it displays everything in the left block area. If I click refresh twice, the full page will display and I don't have any more problems. When I visit the site at a later time, the same behavior occurs. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated. Best Regards, Bob

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Do you have any blocks, hacks, addons, etc. installed that may be waiting for data from an external source? bye, Dirk

keystone

Forum User
Chatty
No hacks but I do have portal blocks that I disabled. Is there a log file I could look at? Thanks.

Creator

Forum User
I've have something like this happen to me frequently when I use IE 5.5 on the Mac. Never had it happen to me on the PC. Usually a refresh solves the problem, but I never had to refresh more than once.

Weird.

---
L. Whitworth
www.finiserv.com

L. Whitworth

Anonymous

Anonymous
I often have this problem on my gl site: www.ericgarrido.com. Click on any of the links in the section box and it is often the case that only the left column of content loads, no stories. After waiting a bit and hitting refresh a few times it comes back.

A thought just hit me that it might have to do with keeping the user active by sending keep open requests. When I get to my server, I'll try to force the web server to close all sessions automatically. Just a thought.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:14 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content