Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 15 2024 @ 07:47 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can some one help

WhiteDragon

Anonymous
hi i need a bit of help this error comes up were can i et the path Template Error: set_root: /path/to/geeklog/system/install_templates is not a directory. Halted please help thx from WhiteDragon

Creator

Forum User
I believe you must have missed a path setting in config.php.---L. Whitworth www.finiserv.com
L. Whitworth

tomw

Forum User
How many ways can you ask the same question? Wait let me see
Can some one help
Please Please Help Me
Help Me Please
Help Please

Let's see thats 5 counting this time and Dirk said he deleted at least one more.

Ignore him.

Ban him

Tom

rv8

Forum User
Regular Poster
Sorting out the paths is sort of an entrance exam to see if you have what it takes to run Geeklog without requiring an undue amount of support from the folks who should be spending their time coding GL2, or fantasitc new GL hacks, or themes. Most people are able to figure the paths out, but some folks would be better off going to another weblog program. Maybe you are one of these folks. It probably ins't a question of intelligence, it is more likely a lack of experience. Lets face it, my mom is pretty smart, but I know she couldn't install GL. If you can't figure out the paths, lord help us once you want to create your own theme, or install phplinks, etc.---Kevin
Kevin Horton

WhiteDragon

Anonymous
Ok im sorry for so many posts all i wanted was to use geeklog since it was really good im sorry for any probs

rv8

Forum User
Regular Poster
You're not really causing problems - it is just hard to help you if you can't understand the installation documentation, and you can't understand the assistance people are trying to give you. We can't see what is on your computer screen, so we can only guess what is going on. I think you need to find someone who understands paths and can comprehend the installation documentation and get them over to your friend's place so you see where GL is installed on his computer. Good luck.---Kevin
Kevin Horton

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:47 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content