Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 04 2024 @ 03:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

staticpages 1.2 help!

sudden

Anonymous
i have this error msg while trying to install staticpages 1.2 on geeklog 1.3.6: 1054: Unknown column 'sp_pos' in 'field list' help..

tomw

Forum User
Tell me exactly what you have done and where you get that error and I will help you. Sounds to me like you have not done the database install. Your did run admin/plugins/staticpages/install.php didn't you. Tom

sudden

Anonymous
i think i did exactly as the install file tell me to do.. i disabled the staticpages plugin.. then i replace the old files with the new ones.. i did run admin/plugins/staticpages/install.php .. thats when it shows the error btw, im doing this in my computer, im running apache,php4,mysql on winXP pro.

tomw

Forum User
Ok so when you opened the static page install.php you got this error? Or when? The only time I have seen this error is when trying to access a static page when the database has not been upgraded. The install page should not give you this error because it does not access a staticpage. Did you manually reenable the Static Page Plugin? or Did the install routine do it for you? When you ran the install page what message did you get? Sorry for all the questions, Just trying to understand where you are in the process. Look in your Geeklog errorlog and tell me what is recorded there about the install. Tom

Anonymous

Anonymous
Tom, I have the same problem. I followed the instructions and ran the install. That's when I get the error. Now, when I try to access my site, I get the error. Thanks,

keystone

Forum User
Chatty
A little more info. I my admin directory is called myadmin due to my hosting company using admin. I am running 1.3.6 and it had version 1.1 of Static pages. It looks like my database was not updated.

keystone

Forum User
Chatty
Boy am I learning how to trouble shoot fast! My static page plug-in was not disabled. I went into the database and disabled it and now the site works. When I run the install script I now get the following message: The Static Pages plugin has already been installed and is locked. I saw someone else ask this question but I didn't see a reply. Thanks, Bob

tomw

Forum User
You get the 'locked' message when you are trying to uninstall the plugin. From the README UNINSTALLING ------------ 1) Execute this in your database client: ALTER TABLE <vars_table> SET value = '0' WHERE name = 'staticpages' Be sure to substitute <vars_table> with the name of your Geeklog vars table If you are trying to uninstall and you do not set the staticpages variable to 0 first you will get that message. Tom

keystone

Forum User
Chatty
OK, Tom. I altered the table and ran the install again and I received the datastructures have been updated message. I still get the Unknown column 'sp_pos' in 'field list' error. After disabling the plugin again in the database I went to the plugin static pages admin and it shows Plug-in Version: 1.2 Geeklog Version: 1.3.4 The Geeklog Version confused me becuase I'm running 1.3.6. When I browse the database I don't see a "sp_pos" colum. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

tomw

Forum User
I am not exactly sure what has happened but everynow and then people do not have their databases updated. What I would do is directly edit the database and verify that the gl_staticpage table has the following fields: sp_pos, group_id, owner_id, perm_owner, perm_group, perm_members, perm_anon, sp_php, sp_search_keywords If not use the appropriate sql below to add them: ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN sp_pos int(4) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN group_id mediumint(8) unsigned DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN owner_id mediumint(8) unsigned DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN perm_owner tinyint(1) unsigned DEFAULT '3' NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN perm_group tinyint(1) unsigned DEFAULT '3' NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN perm_members tinyint(1) unsigned DEFAULT '2' NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN perm_anon tinyint(1) unsigned DEFAULT '2' NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN sp_php tinyint(1) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE gl_staticpage ADD COLUMN sp_search_keywords text; Tom

keystone

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks, Tom. It worked. I'm sure it was user error! I appreciated your help. Best Regards, Bob

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content