Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 06:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Still apostrophe in search result

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'sorry to write again about "apostrophe" but I searched the site for an hour and could not find an answer. In the search results page I still have backslashes in front of every apostrophe in staticpages titles. I can't find how to fix this. Thanks

tomw

Forum User
This problem is common to all version of static pages that I could find since they all share the same search code (with minor variations). Here is the fix: In the file plugins/staticpages/functions.inc -- in the function plugin_dopluginsearch_staticpages() -- about line 58 of that function, you will find the lines: $thetime = COM_getUserDateTimeFormat($A['day']); $row = array("<a href= . . . . . (long line deleted) add a line between these two lines as follows: $thetime = COM_getUserDateTimeFormat($A['day']); $A['sp_title'] = stripslashes($A['sp_title']); << added line $row = array("<a href= . . . . . (long line deleted). Tom

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Makes sense - I've changed this in CVS now, too. Thanks. There was also a stripslashes() missing for the list of static pages on the admin's index page. bye, Dirk

ScottMcW

Forum User
Chatty
Just a quick note on this topic...I sent out a mailing to my users today and of course I got a copy too. Every apostrophe in there was slashed. So, that stripslash code should probably work it's way into the Mailings function too. Thanks! Scott

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Yes, that issue is already listed as a bug - but not fixed yet.

bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yes this works. In public_html/admin edit mail.php Near line 179 you have: if (!mail($til, $vars['subject'], $vars['message'], $headers)) { Change it to: if (!mail($til, stripslashes($vars['subject']), stripslashes($vars['message']), $headers)) { Ans slashed apostrophes will be gone form message subject and body.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content