Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 15 2024 @ 07:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

this isnt suposed to happen :/

mrfake

Anonymous
Got around to installing GL, which is exactally what i need on my site, finished the second part of installation and got directed to success.php. This is when the problems starts. I get the message that "is temporarily down. Please check back soon" I checked the config.php and the site is enabled. Any help on this would be greatly apreciated.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I had this SAME issue happen to me. I went into the code and removed the check to see if the site is enabled. I just recently got back under the hood and uncommented it, and it works perfectly now. I don't know it that will help or not. If you find out WHY this happened let me know.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The message "is temporarily down." is hard-coded in lib-common.php - the site_disabled_msg in config.php is worded differently. In other words, this message is only displayed when $_CONF['site_disabled_msg'] is empty. This may be an indication that there is/was a problem with the config.php. Did any of you get any warning messages regarding config.php? And which program / editor did you use to make the changes in config.php? Just trying to get an idea what may have gone wrong here ... bye, Dirk

Eddy

Forum User
I have faced this problem multiple times right after I edit config.php. And the problem is actually sometimes when I highlight stuff it will highlight '; or only ' which will make my geeklog stating temporarily down. So what I'm suggesting is that you remember what you edited and go in again look thouroughly for missing ' or ; . Not all of them have it but the ones that should, just add it back and voila, it will resume working. Eddy

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content